Ice Vest

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alex L

Ice Vest

Post by Alex L »

Last weekend I was competing at an Open competition where the temperature was in excess of 44ºC.

I am wondering if it would be legal to wear an Ice Vest during competition.
Would a hand held battery-operated fan be Ok during breaks from shooting, - ie changing targets or scoring?

Are there any rules regarding Maximum Temperatures for competition?

I found the cases from my .32 were burning my hand, and I had a lot of cracked cases due to the extreme heat.

I look forward to comments from anyone else who has competed in extreme heat, - and how did you cope with it.

Thanks,
Alex L.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

I think you will find there is nothing against an ice vest. it doesnt offer any support so shouldnt be a problem.
macca

ice vest

Post by macca »

Dear Alex,
The Victorian Institute of Sport did a lot of research with "ice vest" for athletes, including shooting, prior o the Athens Olympics - thus they would have details of the advantages or disadvantages.
There is no problems as to ISSF Rules.

Many shooters shoot at those temperatures in South Aussie, try Rocky River Open early in the year.

Cheers,
macca
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

I am reminded of the extensive (expensive?) development of ice vests for the AUS Paralympics shooters to Atlanta 1996.
Eventually somebody twigged that all the Atlanta ranges were air conditioned (yes, including the outdoor 25m, 50m and Finals ranges!); the ice vests were unnecessary.

Spencer

Ice Vest

Post by Guest »

Does that mean I can't use sweat socks when I shoot?