Which AIR PISTOL????

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mmxx100

Which AIR PISTOL????

Post by mmxx100 »

Hi shooters/Coaches

I want to know which AP is best ( even though i know the concept that, " Its not the weapon, Its man behind the weapon do shooting".

Comparison between

Steyr LP10
Steyr LP2
Pardini K10
Pardini K2S
Morini CM162 EI
Morini CM162 MI

Can anyone help to find the best AP.

THX

SIBI
Spencer

Re: Which AIR PISTOL????

Post by Spencer »

mmxx100 wrote:Hi shooters/Coaches

I want to know which AP is best
Treating this as a serious question, the one that the particular shooter prefers - they are all excellent.
Ask shooters of the six models cited and you will probably get six different answers.
mmxx100 wrote:..." Its not the weapon, Its man behind the weapon do shooting".
1/ If you think of these fine target air pistols as weapons, it might not make any difference to you. A baseball bat might be a better option.
2/ "...man...", or woman?

Spencer
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Steyr LP10 - Will shoot a 10 every time
Steyr LP2 - Will shoot a 10 every time
Pardini K10 - Will shoot a 10 every time
Pardini K2S - Will shoot a 10 every time
Morini CM162 EI - Will shoot a 10 every time
Morini CM162 MI - Will shoot a 10 every time

Now all you need to do is find the one that suits you, and enables you to let it do its job most often.

Out of interest, why didn't you include Feinwerkbau, Walther, Benelli, FAS etc etc. It wouldn't have changed my answer.

If you look at the very top level of the sport you will find a high number of Steyrs, Morinis and Feinwerkbaus. Does that mean they are the best guns for everyone; of course not.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE BEST AIR PISTOL
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

And - to repeat myself, even of some shooters here aren't happy about it - why don't you invest a minimum of time in reading the TT archives first, instead of expecting other people to do your work for you? This topic has been discussed to hell and back. If you should happen to have a specific question left afterwards, I'm sure everybody will be interested to share THAT...
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Tycho wrote:And - to repeat myself, even of some shooters here aren't happy about it - why don't you invest a minimum of time in reading the TT archives first, instead of expecting other people to do your work for you? This topic has been discussed to hell and back. If you should happen to have a specific question left afterwards, I'm sure everybody will be interested to share THAT...
+1
Rover

Post by Rover »

Let me be more cruel....

Buy a IZH46m....then it won't hurt so bad when you discover you can't buy even a few points of performance and probably not much in the way of dependability.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

You might be being unnecessarily cruel to the questioner.

What does 'best' mean? OK, all those listed may put the slug through the same hole, so are accurate, but there are other important parameters which are implied by 'best', such as reliability, longevity, quality of materials and manufacture, distributor and manufacturer support, and so on.
Misny

Post by Misny »

I don't have much time until the Super Bowl starts, so this will have to be quick. After owning a Daisy 777 and a Walther LP-2, I was ready for a gun I didn't have to cock. I found a nice FWB model 2. It was a great gun. I finally got the bug to go pre-compressed air and narrowed my search down to the top two choices of the top pistoleros. This was the Morini 162 EI and the Steyr LP-10. After shooting both air pistols, I fell for the electronic trigger of the Morini 162 EI. As a lot of wobble bothers me, and liking the weight of a pistol to be farther back in the hand, I further decided on the Morini 162 EI Short. I found a very nice used one. I have not looked back, and am very happy with my choice.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

mmxx100 wrote:Hi shooters/Coaches

I want to know which AP is best ( even though i know the concept that, " Its not the weapon, Its man behind the weapon do shooting".

Comparison between

Steyr LP10
Steyr LP2
Pardini K10
Pardini K2S
Morini CM162 EI
Morini CM162 MI

Can anyone help to find the best AP.

THX

SIBI

If you coun the golds - Steyr LP10

Will the next gold shooter use one ? who knows its the shooter not the gun
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I'm afraid the original poster has set off a fire storm by asking the wrong question. The question should be: Which air pistol is best for ME?

All of the air pistols listed are very high quality, and are capable of shooting world record scores. However, every shooter is different, and the ergonomics of each pistol is slightly different. The grip, weight, balance, trigger and sights will be slightly different. Many of these may be close enough not to matter, and for a beginning shooter they will probably be able to get used to some minor quirks that might drive a more experienced shooter nuts.

A lot of these characteristics can be adjusted to some extent. Some shooters spend all their spare time tweaking things in the hopes that they will find a magic combination that will make them a world class shooter. In general, they would be better off practicing with what they've got.

The optimum way to tell which air pistol is best for an individual shooter is for them to try as many as they can get access to. This isn't easy, particularly if there aren't a lot of high level air pistol shooters in your area. It can also be tricky because their grips will probably not fit very well.

There are a few issues you can decide on up front. Do you want an electronic trigger or mechanical? I really love the electronic triggers on my Morini AP & FP, but it means the grip can't be adjusted the way you can with a mechanical trigger design. I have a problem with my elbow that is aggravated by the angle on some grips. If I had it all to do over again, I might go with a mechanical trigger just to make my elbow happier. Again, it isn't an issue of which is BEST, it's an issue of which is best for ME.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

They are all good pistols, of your list, the Lp10 and the 162 EI are most popular with the top shooters for whatever thats worth. The Pardini K10 looks interesting, but I have never shot it nor know anyone who has one.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Well everone else seems to be commenting on the question itself. I'll tell you what I think of these pistols rather than what I think of the question.

Steyr LP10- Owned one from 1999-2007. Liked everything about it and in MY opinion, clearly the best AP available. Best trigger, totally recoiless, well made, moveable grip.

Steyr LP2- Never owned or fired one, but it's just missing a few features of the LP10. supposedly has the same trigger as LP10 but doesn't have the 'stabiliser". Comes with only one cylinder, so not the bargain it first seems.

Pardini K10- just got one before Christmas, so far I like it. Sits a little higher in the hand than the LP10. The most noticable improvement over the K2s is the cylinder to pistol coupling.

Pardini K2S- Had one for about 6 months, liked it so much that it "caused" me to want a K10! Seems like a very "forgiving" pistol but it looks really 1980s beside the K10! The seal between the pistol and cylinder is a bit weak.

Morini CM162 EI- Had one for about 6 months in 2005. Good trigger, but absolutely hated the muzzle flip (had the LP10 at the same time, so the flip was seriously noticable). Didn't like the limitations that the electronics cause in the grip adjustability department. Sold it in less than 6 months.

Morini CM162 MI- Never had one!

There, that's my opinion, which is what the original poster wanted (I think). Sorry if I've offended any Morini owners!
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Going on what is shot at a high level and advise from gun smiths ect. It comes down to the morini cm162ei and the styer lp10. personally i love the morini and hate the styer but thats only a pet hate not because there is anything wrong with it. they both have their draw backs and advantages. the styer has a lot of adjustability in the grip which is a big bonus if you are using a factory grip. Im told the new one has a staberliser piston of sorts which helpes for no recoil. I have found it to be very unforgiving and a lot of people i have talked to seem to agree with me on that. The morini in my opinion has a great trigger and is extreemly forgiving. even bad mistakes dont seem to show up as much. the down side is the barrel line is a bit high and the muzzle flip isnt so good, hopefully i can inprove that with a different compensator. the electronic trigger allows for no grip adjustability but for me this isnt an issue as my father will make me a new grip. From all this I have decided to get a morini as soon as i can. In my opinion what makes a good gun is what you shoot on a bad day as all the top guns will shoot 10 after 10 when you do it right.
Fed up with Izzy

Post by Fed up with Izzy »

Rover wrote:Let me be more cruel....

Buy a IZH46m....then it won't hurt so bad when you discover you can't buy even a few points of performance and probably not much in the way of dependability.
Little bit fed up with those statement about Izzy being the best AP. If we would believe them, nobody would use any other pistol but the Izzy.

Once for all, the Izzy is nothing else than a good, cheap AP for budgetless beginners.
TB

Post by TB »

Fed up with Izzy wrote:

Little bit fed up with those statement about Izzy being the best AP. If we would believe them, nobody would use any other pistol but the Izzy.

Once for all, the Izzy is nothing else than a good, cheap AP for budgetless beginners.
In Europe the Izzy is very rare. I have never seen one IRL so I don't know how it is to shoot. I have to agree with "Fed up with Izzy" though, if it was that good at that price, the competitors like Steyr, Morini etc. would have a hard time selling, and they don't.......
Oz

Post by Oz »

Fed up with Izzy wrote:

*sigh* The Izzy is the most cost effective way for a new shooter to do several things;
  • Find out if they like the sport and if it's a long-term endeavor.
    Determine if they have any natural ability
    Allow them to train to a high-level of performance before having to buy something very expensive.
    Give's them a chance to shoot competitively in matches, where they will meet other shooters and get to hold and test others world-class pistols and see which pistol might be a good step-up down the road.
Why go hatin' on something that allows new shooters to be introduced to our sport with serious-quality and yet inexpensive? Can you imagine how quickly our sport would die if anyone new had to invest at least $1000 for the pistol to find out if they are interested or not?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The guy shoots 570's and 580's I don't think he needs an Izzy.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Oops ! Sorry some didn't pick up on it.
Sarcasm is just one of the many services we offer.
Oz

Post by Oz »

LOL... the original author shoots 570's and 580's? Well, in exuberant defense, there was no mention of him being an experience shooter in the initial post. It looks like a 1-post newbie looking to buy the best score that money will buy ;)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Oz wrote:LOL... the original author shoots 570's and 580's? Well, in exuberant defense, there was no mention of him being an experience shooter in the initial post. It looks like a 1-post newbie looking to buy the best score that money will buy ;)
He use to post as a guest hence only 1 post.