Lubing IZH 46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
chattron

Lubing IZH 46M

Post by chattron »

Hello Guys i need a little help on this.I need to lube my Izzy n i have just got silicon grease with me.Guys how do i lube Izzy with this?I have not been able to get silicon oil managed to get silicon spray instead will this do ie if i spray it through transfer port.Any suggestions or tips r always welcome.Thanks in advance.
boris

Post by boris »

Use Crosman pellgun oil.
2-3 drops on the piston seal and 1-2 drops in the transfer port hole in the breech for every couple of tins of pellets. Work the bolt a few times to propagate the oil to the valve. Rubber seals on the breech will be lubed from this oil as well while shooting.
Piston seal is visible when charging lever is fully extended forward.
Last edited by boris on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Spray some silicone oil into a small dish/container, use a toothpick to transfer the oil to the seal and transfer port as described by Boris.
chattron

Post by chattron »

Hey Boris & Fred thanks for the tips.I have a few queries:
1)What is the exact purpose of using silicon oil in the transfer port ie what does it lube there.
2)If silicon oil unavailable any other substitute which can be used ie grade number of the oil.
3)Would it be better if silicon grease were to be applied on the piston seal and if so how to apply.

Guys m asking this as i have been unable to source silicon oil as of now and i have found some silicone spray which i am unsure of.I have an upcoming competition which is my first and want to lube my Izzy at the earliest.
boris

Post by boris »

Fred meant the silicon spray that you have in hands can be used if you let it settle in the container. It will become just a silicon oil. Non detergent motor oil W30 is a substitute for Crosman pellgun oil.
Oiling the hole in the transfer port will lube the internal valve and o-ring seal and the excess of the oil will be blowing out to breech seal, to keep them fresh. Do not over do it. Just a drop or two for a couple of tins of pellets is all it needs. Shoot it after lubing but before the match, to let it settle and get the extra oil out.
Oil is better for a quick lube of the piston seal if you are not disassembling it. If you knocking the front pins out and disassembling the piston, grease (very little amount) can be used there as well.