Air Pistol choice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Muffo

Air Pistol choice

Post by Muffo »

So im looking for a new air pistol because im not confident in my model 2 FWB any more as every time i look at it something goes wrong. I am trying to decide between a new Morini or a new FWB. I know the Morini is a lot more popular but I am more a fan of FWBs. So I have some questions that may sound stupid but i cant seem to find the answers and as i dont know a lot about the inner workings of pistols I need some help.

first off I have seen both CM162EIs and 162EAs listed. wats the difference.
From what i can read the FWB has a minimum second stage trigger weight of 220g and Morini is 300. Is there any way of lowering the weight of the morini seen it is electronic because i shoot my current ap with about 400 grams on the first stage and 100 on the second stage but some times have trouble with seir engagement.

I have read a lot of contradicting reports on the p44 some say it is very forgiving and some say it is quiet unforgiving. I gues if i purchased it and found it unforgiving i could sell it and get the morini
David Levene

Re: Air Pistol choice

Post by David Levene »

Muffo wrote:first off I have seen both CM162EIs and 162EAs listed. wats the difference.
There is no difference in the guns, they are the same.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

thats what i thought but i would have looked mighty stupid if i purchased one that i thought was something else
j-team

Post by j-team »

Just make sure they are not refering to the early one with the fixed cylinder. 162EI means electronic (E) and interchangeable (I). The first ones had the cylinder permanently fixed to the pistol but I thought that wasa 162E Don't know where the A comes from.

From a purely personal point of veiw, I prefer the FWB over the Morini. I never like the muzzle flip of the Morini. I also think that the FWB is better made. Most people, however, prefer the Morini.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

my biggest conserns are the trigger in each and how forgiving they each are
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

j-team wrote:Just make sure they are not refering to the early one with the fixed cylinder. 162EI means electronic (E) and interchangeable (I). The first ones had the cylinder permanently fixed to the pistol but I thought that wasa 162E Don't know where the A comes from.
The EI and EA are identical; they both have the same interchangeable cylinders. The only difference is the letter, different languages in different markets.
jipe

Post by jipe »

j-team wrote:Just make sure they are not refering to the early one with the fixed cylinder. 162EI means electronic (E) and interchangeable (I). The first ones had the cylinder permanently fixed to the pistol but I thought that wasa 162E Don't know where the A comes from.

From a purely personal point of veiw, I prefer the FWB over the Morini. I never like the muzzle flip of the Morini. I also think that the FWB is better made. Most people, however, prefer the Morini.
The EA is the latest version. Make sure that you get the version with the new battery type (two big batteries, not button like batteries).

The electronic trigger unit should look like that:

One of the main drawback of the P44 are its finish (prone to scratch and wear) and its price, much higher than the Morini and higher than any other PCP AP. The FWB grip is also not that good but you should be able to buy it without grip and buy another one (Rink or real Morini)... what will of course put the price tag even higher !
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

I will but one without a grip as my father is a grip maker. they will cost me the same amount on the quotes i have got and the FWB could still be a couple of hundred cheaper.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

jipe wrote:The EA is the latest version.
I don't know how many different ways there are to say it, the EI and the EA are the same. They have both had the same battery set up for many years, 2 x AAA (which isn't surprising as they are the same gun).
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I have been very happy with my P44. I bought it without grips and then put on Rinks.

The grip angles have a good range of adjustment, as does the trigger. This is a big advantage over the Morini.

The best feature, IMO, is the light weight - mine is under 1000 gm. This allows me to add weights to change the balance without significantly increasing the total weight.

I don't know where you got the info on minimum 2nd stage weight. My trigger is about 450/100 and very crisp. Everyone who has tried it has remarked on the quality of the trigger.

Jipe has commented before on the surface finish. I have had no problems with the finish in the two years I have owned the gun, which has been used quite a bit, taken to matches, etc.

As you already know, from the FWB 2, FWB builds a very high quality pistol.
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

The finish isnt an issue for me. I would shoot something that looked like an apple if it only shot 10s. i got the trigger info off the feinwerk site. If the morini trigger cold be set a lot lighter on the second stage i would get it buit this doesnt seem to be the case