Air pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bolo

Air pistols

Post by Bolo »

Has anyone shot the Feinwerkbau p44 or Walther Lp 300xt? What do you like or dislike about the two Air pistols? Thanks for your help.
ggh

Post by ggh »

P44: great, but need some more mass to the front.

Walther 300: Suffers from same drawback as most Walther pistols: poor triggers.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

I would put my money on the LP44.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Reinhamre wrote:I would put my money on the LP44.
+1 (a lot of: its the most expensive single shot AP).
n4jee

Everything is relative

Post by n4jee »

I own a Walther LP300. The Trigger is wonderful in my opinion. My Daisy 747 is pretty good as well. So was my Tau-7, IZH-41, Skannaker and my FAS AP609. This being said, I have squeezed triggers on mostly .22 bullseye guns. On those you can feel creep. I get a kick out of hearing people talk about creep in a quality air pistol. Their hands must be an order of magnatude more sensitive than mine. The way I see these triggers is that you take up the first stage then wish off the shot.

I submit that unless you are shooting competitively at the national or international level, most any of the top name brands of air gun are going to serve you well. My Walther has the nicest set of grips I've ever shot with. Not to say I couldn't make do with a Steyr, Feinwerkbau or Morini. I happened to get a good buy on a used Walther and that made my pocket book feel good also. If it feels good, buy it.

Gene

Post by 2012 »

I think the Walther is one of the best pistols out.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I've had the opportunity to shoot both, personally of the two I liked the P44 better, but there was nothing wrong with the 300XT. Neither were better than the LP10 or Morini, so personally I couldn't justify paying the same price for pistols that really don't have much of a track record. Nor would I consider changing. If I was starting out I would consider them.