Your shooting Accomplishments

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Your shooting Accomplishments

Post by Guest »

Well its always fun to brag about some of the accomplishments you have acheieved and its always nice to hear of other's accomplished goals as well so i thought I would start a thread about it!

So, what are your best shooting accomplishments ! ? Whether it be a great score, an event you have attended, etc !
corning

Post by corning »

I have always found it more fun to listen to others talk about their achievements, rather than talk of my own...

John
j-team

Post by j-team »

I once shot a rabbit at about 70m with my Free Pistol, does that count?
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

It does count, J-Team :-). Yesterday I made some experiments in preparation for a possible forthcoming little club match, to be called "standard pistol 100 metres". Name tells it all. Ammunition choice does of course become crucial at this distance, but from a simple table-rested hand hold (no machine rest!) and without shooting glasses, my IZH-35 was able to group 10 shots into what could be termed a "9,5 ring size" group on a rapid fire target. The large rapid fire black at 100 metres quite nicely balances over the wide IZH-35 front sight.

Ammunitions used: SK Match 50, SK Gold Match, Lapua Midas M, old Soviet Vostok Match (yellow).

Alexander
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Alexander wrote:It does count, J-Team :-). Yesterday I made some experiments in preparation for a possible forthcoming little club match, to be called "standard pistol 100 metres". Name tells it all. Ammunition choice does of course become crucial at this distance, but from a simple table-rested hand hold (no machine rest!) and without shooting glasses, my IZH-35 was able to group 10 shots into what could be termed a "9,5 ring size" group on a rapid fire target. The large rapid fire black at 100 metres quite nicely balances over the wide IZH-35 front sight.

Ammunitions used: SK Match 50, SK Gold Match, Lapua Midas M, old Soviet Vostok Match (yellow).

Alexander
Umm, the only problem you might have at 100M is getting enough adjustment from your sights. It's quite possible to aim off, and in some ways that can add to the fun element with shoots like this. Safety permitting of course ;)

Rob.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

There is plenty of adjustment in a pistol to shoot at 100m.
OTOH Six o'clock hold at 25m requires a lot of travel.

Best accomplishment probably picking myself up after the UK ban (and a host of other stress), relocating to Aus and starting all over again - ten years older but not much wiser.

That and shooting 50/50 at 25m on the ISSF precision target, with one hand, with the first 5 shots from my as issued Browning Hipower :)
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

wrote:It's quite possible to aim off, and in some ways that can add to the fun element with shoots like this. Safety permitting of course ;)
Yes, there is enough adjustment range in the rear sight (the rounds printed even quite a bit above the 6-o`clock point of aim, though not centered around the bull); and there is enough leeway iin the open 100 metres range (no electric target carriers and berth stop switches that might complain about .22 bullets hitting them).
JamesH wrote:That and shooting 50/50 at 25m on the ISSF precision target, with one hand, with the first 5 shots from my as issued Browning Hipower :)
Gloatist! Braggard!! Miles gloriosus!!!
I am envious... :-D

Alexander
Misny

Post by Misny »

I think I can brag about something that the vast majority of you can match. I've shot in countless shooting matches and fired tens of thousands of rounds since 1971 and I've never hurt a single person with all that shooting.

Post by Guest »

Misny wrote:I think I can brag about something that the vast majority of you can match. I've shot in countless shooting matches and fired tens of thousands of rounds since 1971 and I've never hurt a single person with all that shooting.
and I bet you've never been hurt either...
steyrlp10

Post by steyrlp10 »

That's always a good thing - not coming down with lead poisoning!
Guest Twenty

Accomploshments

Post by Guest Twenty »

I was a member of the High Team at our Outdoor (Conventional) State Championship.
Jordan F.

Post by Jordan F. »

On a more serious note... haha

- 5th place finnish at youth commonwealth games
- 1st place finnish in 2008 National smallbore event (free rifle and prone) Junior category
- national record in junior prone.
- two team records in sporting rifle event

Misny - good on yah :)
Last edited by Jordan F. on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inventor of BB launcher

Post by inventor of BB launcher »

1st place in AL 4h sporter.----senior
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd place in usa shooting ppp nationals.------2 hand compressed air.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st place in usa AL state ppp tournament.--------2 hand.
National team record in high power.
Dove at 50 yds. with .22.
Daisy Open-------Division B

3rd prone, 3rd kneeling
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

My partner and I finished third in the Whistler Boy match at Camp Perry years back. We basically did it for the payout and the free Eley ammo. We never shot with those rifles before, LOADED up on iced tea, cocoa, and doughnuts to try to stay away for it, and I noticed about halfway through the match that my rear sights were loose!

Sure, I've had more noteworthy accomplishments, but none were as good a time as that one!

Post by Guest »

corning wrote:I have always found it more fun to listen to others talk about their achievements, rather than talk of my own...

John
No achievements of your own?
tomnfamily

Shooting accomplshment

Post by tomnfamily »

At my first bulls-eye match I shot the target straight ahead of me. It was not mine. It was a marine's. A Gunny Sergeant. Back in 1992. I was a sailor. He schooled me but left no permanent marks. Man, was he angry, but he had been there once and remembered himself. I learned the word "Cross-fire" that day and have yet to repeat it.

The next year I earned a Secretary of the Navy Award rifle as "Best New Shooter" in pistol for the Atlantic Fleet - I can shoot and they give away guns - this was alright!
CraigE

highlights

Post by CraigE »

Mundane, but one of my "feel good" moments comes as I realize a goal whether in training or at a match. On the singular level, shooting a personal match best in the 2nd relay at USAS Nationals at Ft Benning has to be it for now. The first day was dismal. I simply determined I was going to do better. To do that, I needed to get 10's for shots 58-60. I did. If you were to go back and check results, mine would be pretty far down on the list. However, that I could pull it together and make it happen is one of the reasons I enjoy shooting. Competition is not only with others; it's within.
higginsdj

Post by higginsdj »

Well I'm a probie in Pistol Shooting so I guess my first accomplishment will be actually getting a license....... But as an archer I became state champion and 8th in the Country (in both Indoor and Outdoor disciplines) after 2 years of training myself on my own range in the bush (ie no coach). I'm going to surpass that in AP :)
Muffo

Re: highlights

Post by Muffo »

CraigE wrote:Mundane, but one of my "feel good" moments comes as I realize a goal whether in training or at a match. On the singular level, shooting a personal match best in the 2nd relay at USAS Nationals at Ft Benning has to be it for now. The first day was dismal. I simply determined I was going to do better. To do that, I needed to get 10's for shots 58-60. I did. If you were to go back and check results, mine would be pretty far down on the list. However, that I could pull it together and make it happen is one of the reasons I enjoy shooting. Competition is not only with others; it's within.
this is often peoples most valued acheivements. My father once told me the best moment of his shooting career was when shooting in the pan pacs and he had been shooting really bad and at the end he said it finally clicked and if he through his whole lot of pellets at the target at once they would have all gone through the middle of the ten ring. he shot the last 16 straight tens. As for me im only new so i dnot have many acheivements, shooting my first 100 was really good. And second in free at youth nationalls in under 21s was really good.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

Went to Bisley for the the first time in 1962 as an ATC cadet and came away with a Cadets Hundred Badge:

Still proud of it.

Rutty