http://www.formgriffe.de/auflagen/dreipunktauflage/index.htm

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

http://www.formgriffe.de/auflagen/dreipunktauflage/index.htm

Post by Guest »

Where to buy something like this in U.S.?

or how do you built one like this?

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

What is the proper name for those training device? So I can do a google search.
guests

Post by guests »

Great training device!

Theres a thread on supported shooting nearby . . . this gizmo would seem to fit the bill.
william

Post by william »

Please note that the pictured pistol is a Pardini K2. Based on that fact it is obviously the best air pistol in the world, and everybody who wishes to succeed at this sport must have one. ;-)
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Why buy? Even a novice could knock up one of these things up cheaply with a couple of bits of wood, some bolts, heavy dowel and one of those spongy "spaghetti" things kids use in swimming pools.

Post by Guest »

How do you make that vertical slidable to hold the weight of your entire arm and pistol?

If you have done much wood work, you will know to make a slidable that is minimally adjustable (a technical yes, yes requirement for accurate standing "bench" true angle shooting) and able to support a heavy weight is very difficult. If the angle is not minimally adjustable ("angstrom" adjustable), then this bench shooting accuracy would not translate to true freehand shooting at all.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Anonymous wrote:How do you make that vertical slidable to hold the weight of your entire arm and pistol?
Is the intent "to hold the weight of your entire arm and pistol", or provide some support?

Spencer
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I must have missed something.......training device ?......training for what ?.....an illeagal way of firing a pistol. I would think this is anything but a training aid, as the reality is that the pistol has to be held up by the arm, and the muscle groups that perform this task cant be trained by relaxing on a padded support.....what the!...please enlighten me.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Read Anatoly's articles about training, especially for junior shooters. Makes sense, IMHO.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Hi Tycho...I am unaware of the publication you mention by Anatoly, but have read Competitive Shooting by Aleksandr A. Yur,Yev, and other related training manuals which have not suggested such sight picture "training wheels" for juniors. If you have the name of the publication, I would be interested.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

deadeyedick wrote:I must have missed something.......training device ?......training for what ?.....an illeagal way of firing a pistol. I would think this is anything but a training aid, as the reality is that the pistol has to be held up by the arm, and the muscle groups that perform this task cant be trained by relaxing on a padded support.....what the!...please enlighten me.
Well: here goes...

The support as shown in the original post is a training device. As such it is a tool to achieve a particular set of outcomes.

When steadied (as opposed to fully supported) as in the pic the shooter can eliminate the arm/body 'hold' components - enabling the shooter to concentrate on and acquire the sighting and triggering skills without the arm/body hold components.

The multi-point rest as in the Rink shown in the pic has a number of advantages over a simple pad rest (either on a bench or on an adjustable rod) in that the various elements can be progressively removed.

For an coach with experience with this type of equipment, a number of problems can be identified and dealt with

Agreed, it is not a long term solution for any shooter - but it definitely has its place.

Spencer
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Thanks Spencer.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

They are very useful while working on specific criteria, by using the rest you can remove all other criteria and concentrate on the specific criteria that you want to work on. You can also increase the training volume while working on that criteria too. Another use is during rehab from an injury.
2650 Plus

Pistol rest for training

Post by 2650 Plus »

Huelet "Joe" Benner used just such a device when coaching beginners while he was the West Point Pistol coach many years ago. All to often we identify something as a new and startling invention when the device in question has simply been reinvented. There is very little about shooting a ten that has not already been discovered before many of the participants in the forum were born. Please study ,and learn , grasshopper. It is possible that the path you are on has been traveled before. Good Shooting Bill Horton
higginsdj

Post by higginsdj »

Actually it is very easy to knock one up. The upright is 2 pieces of 2x2 maple separated by a shim wide enough to host the square underside of a coach bolt. That central Coach bolt will have 2 wing nuts - one on either end of the wrist support - one to control the slider (up and down) and the other to control the stiffness of the arm support.

The device is very similar in design to a bow string jig.

Cheers

David