Feinwerkbau AW93 Grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ScottT

Feinwerkbau AW93 Grip

Post by ScottT »

Hi,
I am enquiring if anyone knows where I can buy the grip adjusting block that slides to fit your hand size.

The grip on the gun is very comfortable but needs to be a bit tighter.
I have seen that some of the blocks are a lot thickers than others.

Cheers
Scott
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

The only thing I can think of Scott, is that you have a large grip and small hands, preventing the palm shelf to raise far enough for your hand width. Most palm shelves adjust upwards more than is usually necessary to have the grip fit well. The palm shelf , as far as I know doesnt come in different thicknesses. Maybe you could extend the slots in the grip to get a little more range. Hope I have interpreted your dilemma correctly.
jipe

Post by jipe »

The cheap way to solve your problem is to add/glue some plate on top of the palm shelf. It is pretty easy to make it from a soft wood or cork plate.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Thats a good idea Jipe.
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

Thats what I will have a go at to over come the problem.

Thanks for your help.
Scott
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

deadeyedick

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a look on the bottom of the grip Scott...it should have S M or L stamped into the wood. If its a large "L" grip, then the circumfrence of the grip itself may also be too large for your daughter. Sometimes its worth buying the correct size....but they are horrendously expensive I know.
Don't know where my original reply went to.

Found it....your reply must have started a new post at the same time.

My concern with only raising the palm shelf Scott, is that if the grip is a large, then the girth of the grip may still be too thick for your daughters hands. I guess you will have to try.