Praise for a couple of Aussies

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
John Ariani

Praise for a couple of Aussies

Post by John Ariani »

I would like to share my praise for a couple of Aussies who have made a great difference to my shooting AP and free. Pass on what I’ve gained. In fact I was going to post about two months ago, but my improvement has been so dramatic that I waited a little longer thinking it was all to good to be true. Not so.
Through the corporation I work for we had a three day Team Building retreat in April and they contracted a remarkable Australian John Harvey to work with us. He had his own amazing story to tell (which an Australian TV network made into a documentary in 1993) and he works with World champion athletes, teams, individuals and corporations. He specializes in human performance with specialized mental training and a session on the subliminal (subconscious) mind had me enthralled. More about that in a moment. Once I told him that my sport was pistol shooting, he said he knew a little about the sport and recommended that I read (not just once, but every time before I shoot) an article, which if I’m not mistaken is written by someone who regularly posts on this forum, aussie, Spencer Tweedie. Apologies Spencer if I’m wrong about that. The article (titled sight picture-what you think you see, what you see) was printed in the March edition of the Australian Pistol Shooters Bulletin. It’s the most simplest to understand explanation of the most important aspect of shooting (my belief); being; front sight focus and alignment. If it is the same Spencer that posts here, maybe he could make the article available for the entire forum. It’s essential reading.
At our retreat, John Harvey explained just how powerful and marvelous the subconscious mind is. He provided enthralling real life examples, we learned mental exercises, special mental planning and visualization. Also information about ‘over the counter’ subliminal CD’s that are available on dozens of subjects from quitting smoking to having pain free child birth. He offered us the opportunity to have a ‘tailor made’ subliminal recording. Whilst expensive compared to the over the counter products, I have to sing the praises with my own experience. It took a couple of weeks to have it made, but once I received it and followed the playing instructions (a minimum of 2 hours a day) it has not only made a huge difference to my shooting but all other aspects that I ask be included. I’ve stopped biting my nails, more patient with the kids, my addiction to chocolate has subsided, I have confidence at last when having to speak in public plus a heap of other things. My wife and others have really noticed the difference. Others at work who commissioned a CD report similar noticeable changes. For me, it took about 4 - 6 weeks before the differences were really noticeable. The CD is just music, but there are underlying messages recorded to stimulate the subconscious which in turn assists in modifying human behavior or emotions. I started by having it play in my office each day as background music, in my car and then at night when sleeping. I’m getting over 12 hours a day exposure that way. Anyhow my AP scores have gone from the mid 540’s to the mid 560’s and free from 480’s to 510’s. Trust, belief, confidence, focus and enjoyment all having improved greatly. And I must emphasis the importance of reading Spencer’s article “every day”. For me, the logical easy to understand sense of it and the frame of mind it helps me attain prior to shooting is immeasurable. How does that Aussie chant go?
Aussie, aussie, aussie, oy, oy, oy!!!!!
Fred Mannis

Australian Pistol Shooters Bulletin

Post by Fred Mannis »

Interesting stuff. I have had related experiences when I gave smoking.
I hope Spencer does make his article available. A quick Google search turned up a web site that sells subscriptions to APSB:
http://www.magazineexpress.com/ProductD ... 4294940600