Question for Benelli MP90/95 Owners...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MSC

Question for Benelli MP90/95 Owners...

Post by MSC »

Just picked up a used 95. I had one a year or so back, sold it, and decided to go back to one. To my question...

If I have the slide pulled back, held with the slide-stop button, and insert the magazine with a good shove, the slide closes (obviously chambering a round). I don't recall this on my last go-round, and wonder if something is maybe worn in that area. In theory, the gun is designed to NOT leave the slide open on the last round. So if you just drop the magazine, insert another, and rack the slide when you're ready to fire, it's a moot point. But in competition, you are required to have the gun's action open between strings. And as convenient as this one-step "load and chamber" is, I don't feel it's the safest thing. I'm quite sure it would've stood out to me on my other gun, but just want to be sure.

Can someone (preferably a few folks) give it a try with their's?

Appreciate the help! :)
Makris D.G.

Post by Makris D.G. »

There is no mechanical connection between magazine and slide stop
on the Benellis.
If the bump from magazine insertion causes the slide stop to slip,
you should probably check the inner surface of the slide stop button,
and the susface it bears against to keep the slide back...

George
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Mine does this on rare occasions, but only when I haven't been careful to hold the catch button down fully until the slide is firmly seated against it. If you are sure you are operating the stop fully, it sounds like the catch may be worn.