Going back to RF .22 Short

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

mjv

Going back to RF .22 Short

Post by mjv »

Can anybody confirm some rumors that ISSF is planning on returning to the old rules (.22 short pistol) for Rapid Fire modality.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

That would just about kill the sport?
sparky

Post by sparky »

If so, that would be one of the dumbest ideas ever heard.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I've not heard that rumour and it would achieve nothing, other than harm the sport. I can't think of a single benefit to such a proposal and hatful of reasons against it.

May I ask where the rumour came from - anyone credible ?

Rob.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

It sounds like the sort of thing you would hear from someone trying to sell you a .22 short pistol ;-)
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

David Levene wrote:It sounds like the sort of thing you would hear from someone trying to sell you a .22 short pistol ;-)
Good one, David!
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

A rumour left over from April 1st?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, I'd be all for it. And a lot of people are probably waiting for that - or how many Pardini GPS and GPE's have you seen for sale in the last 3 years?
Ozshooter

Post by Ozshooter »

ISSF only change the rules from 1 January of the year after the Olympics. About the only interesting draft changes are the reduction in CF pistol's trigger weight to 1000g and the use of inner 10s to determine tie breaks in eliminations.

See Spencer's summary here[http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/nrc_pa/default.htm][/url]
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

[quote="Ozshooter"]..... and the use of inner 10s to determine tie breaks in eliminations.

As I understand it, it's not just for the elimination rounds, it's for the qualification rounds as well.
Ozshooter

Post by Ozshooter »

Quite correct Dave, the proposed process applies to everything aside from finals
j-team

Post by j-team »

What a pain in the ass.

Now we have to record Xs as we go just in case there is a tie. Most painfull in RF at least FP and AP targets can be re checked afterwards but RF targets get patched so will have to be done every series.

Just another example of the ISSF rule makers only giving a toss about those with electronic targets!
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Ozshooter wrote:Quite correct Dave, the proposed process applies to everything aside from finals
Not quite - shoot offs still apply to 1-3 for Standard, CF and ties for 6th place in RFP
j-team wrote:What a pain in the ass.

Now we have to record Xs as we go just in case there is a tie. Most painfull in RF at least FP and AP targets can be re checked afterwards but RF targets get patched so will have to be done every series.
such a big deal?
and for the other 25m envents on paper targets as well.

Spencer