Introduction

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

DonDon

Introduction

Post by DonDon »

Hello forum,

I have been stalking this site for awhile & joined the other day & just wanted to say hello. A little about myself, I have been around guns since I was 4. When I was in high school my parents bought me a single stage reloading kit & I ended up shooting a box a day & as much as I could reload on the weekends. I eventually got into IPSC and would shoot between 4 & 6 matches a month but I have been out of shooting for a few years now and was looking at getting into bullseye. I have been looking at gun stuff on the internet & I am somehow drawn to free pistol. My local club (Hernando sportsmans club) has bullseye & international pistol matches & I am hoping to get a chance to go down & see what the international pistol is all about. I only have a MkII gov't & a 70 series gold cup but all I have been thinking about lately is shooting, so after I finish the two bedrooms in my house I will be ready to dive in.

I did not mean to be so long winded so I will end with "hello"

DonDon
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Welcome DonDon,
You will find free pistol and IPSC have only the word "pistol" in common.

Welcome to international pistol shooting!
Ben
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Don: Welcome!

Ben: You *know* couldn't let that last comment slide . . . =8^)

Of course both disciplines (while very different) have a lot more things in common . . . sight alignment, trigger control, etc. etc.!

[I am reminded of the story that Col. Cooper used to tell about USMC-trained pistolmen coming through his program. His instructors used to have fits because they were all "too slow." Come to find out, the USMC boys were faster than anyone else on the range- including the instructors- but since their group sizes were so small, they were obviously shooting "too slowly!" Col. Cooper put it this way: "Proper technique will make you smooth. Being smooth will make you fast. Being fast without proper technique will make you dead."]