Muscle tremors - in an unusual set of places

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tleddy

Muscle tremors - in an unusual set of places

Post by tleddy »

A fellow shooter was watching me shoot in practice today and made an interesting observation:

My preparation for the shot is always the same and he noticed that a triceps tremor in my shooting arm (right) and also a simultaneous similar small tremor in my calf muscles began immediately prior to the shot release. It was obvious in that he could use the tremors to predict when my shot would fire...

After he told me about the tremors I paid attention and, indeed, I noticed them.

I do not see the tremors in the sights... I do, however, notice their relationship to the shot release.

The question - has anyone on the List experienced or heard of this phenomenon? If so, what measures were used to resolve the issue?

Tillman in Florida
BPBrinson

I did not say a**

Post by BPBrinson »

I once had tremors in my left butt cheek. Once I relaxed it, it went away. I now try to relax the whole body as much as I am willing to be aware of it. The tension in the butt cheek comes back from time to time and stays til a tremor brings it to my attention again. RELAX!

Brooks
Spencer

Re: Muscle tremors - in an unusual set of places

Post by Spencer »

tleddy wrote:A fellow shooter was watching me shoot in practice today and made an interesting observation:

My preparation for the shot is always the same and he noticed that a triceps tremor in my shooting arm (right) and also a simultaneous similar small tremor in my calf muscles began immediately prior to the shot release. It was obvious in that he could use the tremors to predict when my shot would fire...

After he told me about the tremors I paid attention and, indeed, I noticed them.

I do not see the tremors in the sights... I do, however, notice their relationship to the shot release.

The question - has anyone on the List experienced or heard of this phenomenon? If so, what measures were used to resolve the issue?

Tillman in Florida
are you doing any warm-up exercises before shooting?

Spencer
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I sometimes get a tremor in my thigh. I usually do some partial squats and it goes away.
I think Spencer is on the right track suggesting warm-ups. I do some toe raises between some free pistol shots also to keep things loose.
Ben