Optomerist for pistol shooters in Sydney Australia ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Leon

Optomerist for pistol shooters in Sydney Australia ?

Post by Leon »

Hi,

Can any Sydney pistol shooters recommend an optomerist who is experienced & knowledgeable in providing visual solutions for pistol shooters?

Thanks,,,,
MG2inAus

Post by MG2inAus »

Hi, in the absence of anyone responding from the harbour city, call Australian Sporting Optics, Oakleigh, Victoria on 03 9568 3442 Steve may have a referal contact in Sydney.

Cheers
Pete
Spencer

Re: Optomerist for pistol shooters in Sydney Australia ?

Post by Spencer »

Leon wrote:Hi,
Can any Sydney pistol shooters recommend an optomerist who is experienced & knowledgeable in providing visual solutions for pistol shooters?
Thanks,,,,
Which part of Sydney N, S, E, W?

Spencer (in Sydney)
David M

Sydney SE

Post by David M »

George Pagonis Optometrist
330 Rocky Point Rd
Ramsgate Nsw 2219
(02) 9529-4688
Leon

Re: Optomerist for pistol shooters in Sydney Australia ?

Post by Leon »

Spencer wrote:
Leon wrote:Hi,
Thanks,,,,
Which part of Sydney N, S, E, W?

Spencer (in Sydney)
North Shore prefererably, but aftter spending about $250 at my local optomerist and ending up with a less than ideal visual solution, I'll travel anywhere...
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Leon,

rather than put individual optometrists on this board, 'PM' me for a reply

'PM' is the secnd box at the bottom left of this message.

Spencer
bryan

Post by bryan »

maybe he needs to register to pm?
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Which is a good idea anyway

Spencer
argus

Post by argus »

Some time back I overheard some people at the club discussing being able to somehow subsidise a pair of champion shooting glasses though their optomitrist / health fund but wasn't really paying attention. Is there any truth to this and if so what exactly is the loophole as I'm now after a set of shooting glasses but like everything they're not cheap.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

My experience is that if you get the extra lens at the same time as you get a new pair of glasses if just goes on the one bill. The optometrist usually bulk bills yours visit.

As for the price of the glasses, I have top extras cover in my private health insurance and it still does not completely cover the full cost of making my bifocals and frames. Getting a third lens for your shooting glasses would therefore not be covered but it is not a great cost if you already own the frames.
If you do not wear glasses normally you might be able to claim shooting glass frames on your private health insurance extras cover if you had the optometrist purchase the frames and then bill you.
argus

Post by argus »

Thanks Colin, all makes sense.
Since I don't currently need seeing glasses I'll pursue it with a friendly optometrist.