pistol box for morini 84e w/comp

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PETE S

pistol box for morini 84e w/comp

Post by PETE S »

Awhile back we spoke about a box big enough to carry a Morini 84e with the new type compensator, which makes for a long pistol. Here is my answer: a thirty dollar tool box with a few modifications.
Attachments
june 9, 2008 005.jpg
june 9, 2008 006.jpg
ken4all

Post by ken4all »

on ISSF TV you can see the Italian free pistol shooters srew on the compensator just before the final.
Is it that easy to mount it in the correct position?
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

My experience is that every time I removed and reinstalled the compensator, the point of impacted changed by at least one ring. Removal and installation requires just one screw, so that process was pretty quick and simple. I just don't like to have to mess around with sight adjustment possibly caused by changing the front sight mount.

The advantage of this box is that I carry everything from target repair centers to spare batteries, ammunition, my shooting glasses and scope in one box with the pistol.
shadow

Morini

Post by shadow »

Does your 84E have a Morini comp? Are there other makes available?
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

I am using the Morini "new style" compensator, which increases the sight radius and makes for a cool looking pistol. There are other threads on this board which discuss and show the two Morini compensators and some other manufacturers comps for use with the Morini 84e.

I don't find taking the compensator off and on to be a major problem, just a minor problem. If I am careful with the installation, I am pretty close, but somethimes centered at 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock on the outer edge of the nine ring.

This tool box was a conveinent way to carry everything I need for a local match or trip to train at the range and thought I would share it.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

PETE S wrote: This tool box was a conveinent way to carry everything I need for a local match or trip to train at the range and thought I would share it.
Pete,
I have tried that approach and it just doesn't work for me. I forget to move an item from gun box A to gun box B, so I end up buying a lot of duplicates - one for each box. Now I carry the pistol in its original box, plus a larger box with all my 'stuff'. Still better than all that stuff the rifle shooters have to carry :-)

Fred
Swoffer

CM84E Compensator - Is it really that easy?

Post by Swoffer »

My compensator (new style) is an absolute pain to get off. It is so tight I have to get my son to hold the pistol while I wrestle with the compensator. It's a good 15 minute job! Are yours really that easy to get off? Wonder what the problem is with mine??
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

The fit has to be at least an "interference fit" so the front sight is stable. Sounds like yours is probably on the two extremes of the tolerances, the compensator a bit narrow and/or the barrel a bit wide.

There are greases on the market intended to be "assembly grease"; very small amounts might help. I use just a slight dusting of dry teflon to help but I do the job by myself without difficulty.

Are there any burrs or nicks?

Perhaps a machinist could help by removing just enough material from the inside of the compensator so the effort is reduced to a more reasonable effort
CA Bullseye

Re: pistol box for morini 84e w/comp

Post by CA Bullseye »

Sorry about the delay in replying to this post but it must have slipped by me.

I think that the solution that PeteS offers is a very good one, if your on a budget. I would suggest that if you can afford the cost of a world-class pistol like the Morini why not spend a little more to keep it a world-class pistol. A long time ago I invested in a Pelican 1600 case and have been very pleased with it. My pistols have traveled just as much as I have. I have yet to have one damaged or broken. It even is TSA, and ATA approved.

Pelican 1600
DIMENSIONS:
INSIDE: 21-3/4" x 16-13/16" x 7-7/8"
OUTSIDE: 24-1/4" x 19-7/16" x 8-11/16"
http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1600

CA Bullseye
Attachments
Morini CM84E with long compensator.
Morini CM84E with long compensator.
Two-gun set up, Plexiglas (brown) is used to divide the case, upper and lower sections. Will accommodate a Morini free, air pistols and range gear.
Two-gun set up, Plexiglas (brown) is used to divide the case, upper and lower sections. Will accommodate a Morini free, air pistols and range gear.