Pellet Resizer

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

sakoarms

Pellet Resizer

Post by sakoarms »

I have heard that they sell a tool that you can "resize" your pellets before you shoot them. They purpose would be to shoot cheaper pellets, but with more consistancy. Is there such a product and if so where would I look for one?
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Also consider that cheaper pellets may not be of consistant weight which will like inconsistant size open up your grouping.
pwh

Post by pwh »

I had one many years ago that I purchased from Beemans. They were not made with the intention of resizing cheap pellets. As far as I know they were just an unnecessary gimmick and one that I tossed out! Pick out a quality pellet that your particular gun likes and stay with it. Each gun, even if it is the same model, may very well prefer a different pellet than another gun of the same model. The only way to do this is by trying different brands, weights and size and bench rest the rifle to see what particular pellet your gun likes to eat. It would be quite contradictory in having a high quality rifle and then trying to force feed it cheap pellets and expecting it to shoot accurately whether they are resized or not. Even with what would be considered a quality pellet just the difference of +- .01gr can make a lot of difference aside from the size, i.e. 4.49 - 4.51.

When I purchased a new rifle I bench tested numerous pellets for one one month before I even took the time to shoot at a target. When you miss the mark you want to be absolutely sure that it is you and not the pellet that is at fault.

~Phil
DMUX

Post by DMUX »

I have the Nygord version and like everyone says, they are a waste of money. If you buy quality pellets i.e. finale match or even I like shooting meisterkugln you will only waste time resizing them. Let the barrel do the resizing for you.
robf

Post by robf »

at 10 yds, decent pellets, no difference...lets face it, if it isn't going through the same hole at that range, either the gun doesn't like the pellets, or they're crap or something else is wrong.

but, at longer ranges (50m) i've seen very good improvements in group size and consistancy from sizing pellets.

I wouldnt even bother with weighing them at 10m...at 50m I do.

Some batches of the same make will shoot fine, some vary, some go off... last year i could get 10mm groups at 50m sitting with ease straight from the tin...this year a different batch has required weighing and sizing to get the same performance...sizing made the biggest difference to group consistancy.
NikNak

Post by NikNak »

DMUX wrote:I have the Nygord version and like everyone says, they are a waste of money. If you buy quality pellets i.e. finale match or even I like shooting meisterkugln you will only waste time resizing them. Let the barrel do the resizing for you.
I have a Nygord Pellet re-sizer for sale cheap! I bought it with the expectations that it would make my pellets more uniform. It may have, but my scores actually went down when I used it in my Hammerli 480K. I noticed no difference when using it in my IZH ...

It may serve a purpose for some, but not for me ...

Post by Guest »

NikNak wrote:
DMUX wrote:I have the Nygord version and like everyone says, they are a waste of money. If you buy quality pellets i.e. finale match or even I like shooting meisterkugln you will only waste time resizing them. Let the barrel do the resizing for you.
I have a Nygord Pellet re-sizer for sale cheap! I bought it with the expectations that it would make my pellets more uniform. It may have, but my scores actually went down when I used it in my Hammerli 480K. I noticed no difference when using it in my IZH ...

It may serve a purpose for some, but not for me ...
Holy crap.....this thread is 7 months old! lol
Hammer47

Nygord

Post by Hammer47 »

Assuming this is a .17 cal resizer I would like to buy it. Hw much is cheap please?
Rover

Post by Rover »

There was good coverage of this subject on the Olympic Pistol first page under "Sizing Pellets".