Electronic Targets

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BJ

Electronic Targets

Post by BJ »

I've never shot on electronic targets before but am considering shooting in the USA Shooting Nationals and was hoping someone could give me some insight. I hear that they are easier to shoot than the NRA A-23 50 yard targets so I was wondering just how big the ten ring actually is? Oh yeah, I'm a smallbore shooter so whatever the ten ring size is for that.

Thanks
Brian

Post by Guest »

Bull on an ISSF 50 target is 10.4mm.

I believe the scoring rings are 8mm wide.

Tim S

Exeter UK

Re: Electronic Targets

Post by Guest »

BJ wrote:I've never shot on electronic targets before but am considering shooting in the USA Shooting Nationals and was hoping someone could give me some insight. I hear that they are easier to shoot than the NRA A-23 50 yard targets so I was wondering just how big the ten ring actually is? Oh yeah, I'm a smallbore shooter so whatever the ten ring size is for that.

Thanks
Brian
There not easier - just much more convenient. They are calibrated to ISSF specifications. Whoever told you that they are easier is dead wrong!
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

If you want to do some practice order some NRA A-50 targets for 50 meter or if you shoot 50 yards order some NRA A-51. These are the same bulls as you will shoot at the USAS nationals and should give you the same scores.
glastra

targets

Post by glastra »

are NRA A-51 the same as ISSF 50 meters targets if shot at 50 yards?
enricovolante

Post by enricovolante »

Hi,

At our club all our targets are electronic but considering that not every day I have the possibility to visit it and considering that my new house is under construction I would like to get a cheap one just for myself.

I don't need a fancy one or printer, just something that tells me the total score for a 10 mt air rifle.

Any suggestion?
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Yes the A-51 is an ISSF 50m target reduced for 50yd.

Enrico- Megalink makes a personal version of their target. You buy one of their targets, which work very well, and they have an adapter that allows a laptop or PC to be used as the monitor. It is still not real cheap though $1800 in the US. Maybe cheaper for you though. We have Megalink targets on our range and they have been very reliable.
carpenter

Post by carpenter »

OK as far as the electronic targets being easier they are the same except for the target is one hole only so you dont shift your npa after you line it up for each position. As far as NPA goes that makes the target easier for lack of a better term

hope that helps

oh also the lighting at the nationals is much better than most places as far as indoors is concerned (i shot in the basement of a highschool for many years and it wasnt the best lighting but thank goodness my coach and the school let us