Schumman sets new record

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tzed250

Schumman sets new record

Post by Tzed250 »

Ralf Schumman set a new FWR in 25m rapid fire today in Munich at the ISSF world cup. Schumman's new record is 790.0.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Apparently the 22 LR isn't that much harder to shoot in RF than a lot of people originally anticipated.

Steve
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Steve Swartz wrote:Apparently the 22 LR isn't that much harder to shoot in RF than a lot of people originally anticipated.

Steve
Hate to say it, but I told you so! ;-) I predicted that the scores would eventually get back to those seen during the .22 Short years.

I still think they should have also changed the target to the 25m Precision Target, which they considered doing. That probably would have kept the scores down for many years.

Stan
tleddy

Not well formatted but here it is

Post by tleddy »

1 1407 SCHUMANN Ralf GER
Stage 1 98 98 97 293
Stage 2 100 100 96 296

Total 589

FWR
Final: 10.3 10.0 10.5 10.6 9.6 10.2 10.5 10.0 9.2 10.1
10.0 10.3 10.8 9.8 9.4 10.2 9.8 10.8 10.3 8.6

Final 201.0
Grand Total 790.0

WOW!!!

Tillman
jipe

Post by jipe »

IPshooter wrote:
Steve Swartz wrote:Apparently the 22 LR isn't that much harder to shoot in RF than a lot of people originally anticipated.

Steve
Hate to say it, but I told you so! ;-) I predicted that the scores would eventually get back to those seen during the .22 Short years.

I still think they should have also changed the target to the 25m Precision Target, which they considered doing. That probably would have kept the scores down for many years.

Stan
I agree with this: the latest 22lr pistols are very stable and have soft recoil, so there is no reason to have lower scores once the shooters have had time to get used to their new pistol.

Changing the target is the way to go to lower the scores.

Now, the move to 22lf and same rules for the pistol as for standard pistol is I think a good move for RF since it allow to use the same pistol:
- shooter can use the same pistol => more shooters can try and hoot RF
- manufacturers can have one model of pistol => reduced development costs, higher volume for RF pistol
- 22lr ammunitions are cheaper since it is sold in much higher volume than 22 short
trigger

how to disilusionate shooters..

Post by trigger »

jipe wrote: Changing the target is the way to go to lower the scores.
Lower scores, and lower numbers of participants.
Most hits "way out into the white" may disencourage medium trained shooters, and more so, beginners.
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Don't kid yourself. The 1kg trigger is a brute to master.

R.M.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The time to think about lowering scores is when shooters are regularly hitting 600/600.

I think that's probably a good many years away.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote:The time to think about lowering scores is when shooters are regularly hitting 600/600.

I think that's probably a good many years away.
Totally agree with that !
Changing targets to the 25M precision targets would be foolish (IMHO), I fail to see any problem in people carrying on shooting scores in the high 580's and 590's.

Don't forget the reason the gun specifications were changed was to increase participation, dropping target size down would massively reduce participation because it would be deemed 'too hard' especially for begineers.

Rob.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

RobStubbs wrote:
Don't forget the reason the gun specifications were changed was to increase participation, dropping target size down would massively reduce participation because it would be deemed 'too hard' especially for begineers.

Rob.
Rob,

Personally, I find that argument laughable. If new shooters are only in the game because they want to only shoot near-possible scores, then they're in it for the wrong reasons. The reward, in this sport, is the progression from wherever you start to where you end up. Not because you're hitting 590s in a short period of time.

Stan
Pär Hylander

Post by Pär Hylander »

Steve
Well, I consider 590 and 596/597 (old record) is a very big difference. Project these scores at 50 m rifle prone. The 597 is probably qaulification for final and 590 is like 30-40th place at a WC?

When in "flow", I think the difference is not so very big, nice triggering and good timing gives not so different scores, my PB now is 586 and with the old .22 short racegun it was 591. But the big difference is when the feeling int the shooting is not so good, then the difference is huge I think. 580 with the racegun perhaps is 560-565 with the .22 LR today. As R.M. wrote, the 1 kg trigger is much more sensitive than the 80g I my old racegun had. A not so good discharge with the racegun might have created a "10.0", with the 1 kg it might be a "8.5"
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

IPshooter wrote:
RobStubbs wrote:

Rob.
Rob,

Personally, I find that argument laughable. If new shooters are only in the game because they want to only shoot near-possible scores, then they're in it for the wrong reasons. The reward, in this sport, is the progression from wherever you start to where you end up. Not because you're hitting 590s in a short period of time.

Stan
Stan,
Since when did beginners ever acheive 590's, never mind "near possibles" in a short space of time ? That's a laughable comment if ever I heard one !

Take a look at WC rapid fire scores and see how many of those achieve your "beginner scores"

Rob.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Rob,

My point is if a new shooter sees a challenge as "too hard", what does that tell you about that shooter? Think about it.

Stan
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

For real? Is there really a problem with scores in RFP nowadays? It's not like you have 597 to make the final and a long hard shootoff with 3 shooters at 600+208 points.
What benefits would you get in changing to the SP target? The best will still win, and the others will not. And the beginners will have a hard time making 200 points.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Any information about the type of Pardini pistol used by Schumann and its huge special muzzle weigth:
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

jipe wrote:Any information about the type of Pardini pistol used by Schumann and its huge special muzzle weigth:
Seems directly designed from this one..

:Lol:
bigred

Post by bigred »

jipe wrote:Any information about the type of Pardini pistol used by Schumann and its huge special muzzle weigth:
That's a great photo with the fire just shooting out of the muzzle
jipe

Post by jipe »

A second one where more details can be seen:
Its really a huge stuff that completely replaces the standard muzzle piece.
ruig

Post by ruig »

off:

more than 250 fotos from WC Munich 2008 here
rapid2

virus

Post by rapid2 »

Dear Ruig,

Thanks for the virus!

Bob