Leather Vs. Canvas Jackets

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

babillita

Leather Vs. Canvas Jackets

Post by babillita »

Its any substancial difference between the canvas jacket and the leather one ? I found that the leather jacket is more heavy and expensive... Any other difference ? It is a better choice a cambination of leather and canvas ?
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Canvas gives far more support in the standing position and it is lighter than leather. Leather is good for the prone position but no where as effective in the standing.
There are some good leather/canvas mix jackets but i think they are a compromise. Stick to canvas for standing.
If you use a canvas jacket for prone shooting, its a quick way to render it with unwanted creases and its effectiveness for standing will be reduced.
Horses for courses.
pwh

Post by pwh »

I have the combination leather/canvas from Champions Choice. Leather with canvas lining. I only shoot standing up right now and it seems to serve its purpose quite well. Didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on one and at $150.00 it did not seem a bad buy and also, as said in a previous post, it's very effective in improving your shooting.

I know one thing for sure. I'd sure hate to have that thing on outside when its warm let alone hot! They are certainly not designed as being cool nor do I see how they possibly could be. Even in my basement where its a tad cooler and I have my range set up it can get awfully hot after a time. Comes the hot weather this summer I'll have to have a fan on where I stand to survive for any length of time!

~Phil
dunnaq

Post by dunnaq »

Yeah, I've taken a look at Kakadu's bags, but some of them look a bit too much like a girl's purse.

The second link is nice, but would much prefer to have one without the lettering.

canvas jackets
BAtarget

Post by BAtarget »

NEVER DRY CLEAN YOUR JACKET. IT WILL RUIN IT!@!!!!!