What pellets work best in the IZH-46M?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
f1gpstar

What pellets work best in the IZH-46M?

Post by f1gpstar »

This is my first IZH-46M and was looking for some advise on pellet choice. Also is there any place to download free targets to get me started?

Thanks,
Fred Mannis

Re: What pellets work best in the IZH-46M?

Post by Fred Mannis »

f1gpstar wrote:This is my first IZH-46M and was looking for some advise on pellet choice. Also is there any place to download free targets to get me started?

Thanks,
A search using IZH AND pellet will provide you with the information
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

For inexpensive pellets, Gamo match fits my 46 very well, and I can't detect any lack of accuracy with them. Glockfaq.com has targets to print.

H.
jmessina

pellets IZH 46m

Post by jmessina »

Since the 46m is a lower velocity gun, you should use the lightest pellet weight you can find. I believe you can find pellets in the 7grain weight range. You gun will shoot them at about 460ft/sec. Heavier pellets at about 410ft/sec
boris

Post by boris »

RWS Diabolo Basic (Geco) 7.0gn work very well is both of my IZH46M.
They cheap too. MV is about 500 fps
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

boris wrote:RWS Diabolo Basic (Geco) 7.0gn work very well is both of my IZH46M. They cheap too.
Geco was very good also in mine. And very cheap.
Last year i tested rws R10 pistol (0,45 grams), both 4,49 (best at all) and 4,50 very very good in mine izzy. (expensive choice for match and lates training before match).
f1gpstar

Thanks everybody for the info!!

Post by f1gpstar »

I'm looking forward to this Pistol. I've only been a 10m rifle shooter? No Jacket, no Pants, Whoo Hoo!
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Bought mine along with five others for my club from Scott. Have had nothing but fun with them.... but :D
I started a rifle shooter, and there's something just missing with the pistol shooting to me. I'm standing there feeling half-naked without the canvas and leather jackets and the boots and the glove and all the rest, and then I bring up the pistol and the top half of the sights are missing, and the wobble is absolutely enormous compared to the rifle :D
No, I like my Izzy, and I'll keep on shooting it (and doing the requisite woodcarving course that the pistol grip requires :D ) but I think rifle's always going to be the thing I put most of my effort into.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Sparks wrote:Bought mine along with five others for my club from Scott. Have had nothing but fun with them.... but :D
I started a rifle shooter, and there's something just missing with the pistol shooting to me. I'm standing there feeling half-naked without the canvas and leather jackets and the boots and the glove and all the rest, and then I bring up the pistol and the top half of the sights are missing, and the wobble is absolutely enormous compared to the rifle :D
No, I like my Izzy, and I'll keep on shooting it (and doing the requisite woodcarving course that the pistol grip requires :D ) but I think rifle's always going to be the thing I put most of my effort into.
The part missing is that big bag-o-junk that the rifle shooters drag around with them
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Richard H wrote:The part missing is that big bag-o-junk that the rifle shooters drag around with them
I know, but that's why we're so buff compared to pistol shooters - we work out more just getting to the range ;) :D
f1gpstar

Sparks

Post by f1gpstar »

Sparks, I hear ya, you never lose your first love!