IZH35M magazines discontinued.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
UApistol

IZH35M magazines discontinued.

Post by UApistol »

I just found out from EAA that Baikal will no longer be making mags for the IZH35M. I am in need of at least 2 of them but I cannot find them anywhere. I heard that an AW93 and KSP200 mag will work with a slight modification. If anyone has information on where I can get IZH35 magazines I would appreciate it
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Gary Forde in Australia has parts. Even a 'kit' for the IZH 35M which contains a stack of spare parts, springs, sight blades and two magazines for about AUD$80 total.
He's superb to deal with too.
email: gazza@datafast.net.au
web site: www.gunsdownunder.com
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

I find it hard to believe that Baikal is discontinuing the making the magazines. They can easily sell all of the IZH35's they make, so it doesn't seem plausible that they would discontinue the gun. (Then again, it appears as though Baikal doesn't go out of their way to speed up production either). If they make the gun they're gonna make the magazines.

Perhaps EEA is just tired of dealing with questions about a product they no longer carry.
AlexLand

Post by AlexLand »

Well, actually they switched to making dishwashers or refrigerators and they can sell a lot more of these.
AlexLand

Post by AlexLand »

Well, actually they switched to making dishwashers or refrigerators and they can sell a lot more of these.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

I wouldn't believe it either. It seems that the backlog of shooters waiting to purchase an IZH-35M in Australia and most other countries suggests that this handy pistol will not be going out of production any time soon and that means magazines will still be made.

I can imagine that it is difficult to obtain spares at times and for that reason I contacted the Australian importer to obtain a spare firing pin. What I got was a whole kit containing a firing pin, various springs, pins, sears, front and rear sights, a rear sight blank (no notch), a magazine and several as yet unidentified bits.

I did not ask for a magazine but he just threw one in with the consignment which cost me in total about half that of a firing pin for most other .22 pistols. If magazines were becoming hard to obtain, he would not give one away that easily.

My advice to the original poster is to look elsewhere. You are being told a story which I think may not add up if you look into it.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

I suggest contact Keith Anderson in Sydney who is the Australian importer and should have magazines.
Last edited by ColinC on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
UApistol

its hard to believe

Post by UApistol »

I ordered izh35 mags from EAA about a month ago. They were back ordered up to 60 days. I just emailed them the other day requesting the status of my order and they told me that they are cancelling all orders for izh35 mags because baikal is no longer making them.
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Yes I checked with my friend who recommended Gary Forde in Australia. He purchased his IZH-35M (springs, pins, sights, magazines) kit in November 2007 for AUD$72.50. Apologies for my info being a bit 'dated'. I see on his web site he's out of stock of the pistol itself too.
www.gunsdownunder.com