Matchguns Website

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Cricman

Matchguns Website

Post by Cricman »

I was just doing some casual browsing and noticed that the Matchguns webite is not opening. A little more research revealed that the domain name is for sale. Has the site moved to a new address? I tried several seaches and was unable to find anything other than archived pages with invalid links.

Just curoius,

cricman
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

I tried Google...nothing. Not a good sign. I was starting to consider an MG2.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

If I was guessing, and it is just that, I would suspect that they just forgot to pay for the domain renewal or there was a mix-up in a transfer. I certainly wouldn't suspect it was anything more ominous without some extra indication.

I sincerely hope it isn't anything more serious, TargetTalk would be very quiet without discussion of MG pistols.
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

They've been hacked before. Hope they come back up.
Tom A.

My timing is impeccable....

Post by Tom A. »

I just called Neal Stepp this AM and ordered an MG-2. I certainly hope it's not an orphan before it's even shipped!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

IWA is this weekend. We'll know more after that. Remember the Guide - DON'T PANIC!
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Tom, if you don't mind my asking, how much are they going for?
Tom Amlie

Post by Tom Amlie »

I'm trying to think of a witty yet gracious joke about how the US Dollar is starting to look like a banana-republic currency, but am drawing a blank.

At the current all-time high for the Euro it should be $1,683, subject to change based on the rate when I settle up with him or he settles up with his supplier.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

I know the feeling. I'm saving for the 2008 World Muzzle-Loading Championships, and it's getting harder by the day to raise the funds.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

On the other hand, we are addressing our trade deficit *and* saving american jobs by devaluing our currency.

Right now the central bankers of europe are in a panic over how to devalue the euro just to keep up with us.

The problem, of course, is the fact that the chinese are unwilling to float the rhenminbhi ("yuan").

And so it goes . . .

Steve Swartz

[p.s. you do realize of course that any individual "spot rate" between currencies is totally arbitrary and meaningless? It just sucks to get caught up between "adjustments."]
Cricman

Post by Cricman »

It looks like it is just a temporary shutdown. They have just posted a message on the home page that says they are updating, and asked to be excused for the momentary interruption.

cricman
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Whew!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Was about high time, I don't think many people were interested in the MG3 (22 short) by now...
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Maybe it is only starting a rumor but imagine if Microsoft bought out Match Guns.
We would now have model MG 2.15.9 and it would still cease to function for no apparant reason and the original problem would be no nearer to being fixed ;-)
jipe

Post by jipe »

The new website is up and running (some links still missing).

It includes the new MG4 but its picture seems more an engineering drawing than a real picture.
william

Post by william »

The website has several links to pdf files of reviews of their products in every language but English. Does anybody have English translations?
Tycho (not @ home)

Post by Tycho (not @ home) »

How about learning some other language? ;-) MG4 should be available shortly, I hear. Looking forward to it, ordered mine some months ago :-D
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Tycho (not @ home) wrote:How about learning some other language? ;-)
Ouch. Good point, well made.
rrpc

Post by rrpc »

ColinC wrote:Maybe it is only starting a rumor but imagine if Microsoft bought out Match Guns.
We would now have model MG 2.15.9 and it would still cease to function for no apparant reason and the original problem would be no nearer to being fixed ;-)
Not only that but on service release 3, you would have to add half a kilo more ironmongery to the pistol to make it work but if you didn't add it properly, the pistol would keep reloading and ejecting shells without firing.