Couple questions for owners of Pardini SP New...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MSC

Couple questions for owners of Pardini SP New...

Post by MSC »

Did you find the factory grips satisfactory? Or do you find yourselves swapping out to Nill's/Rinks?

How much can you affect the overall weight with the barrel weights? 6 in there, correct?

I'm just a bit tentative in dropping the now $1529 for a new one. I see lots of SP's in my league, but they're all the old models. And it seems none of them ever have a grip that's even near fitting me, in order to try!
Gotta say the owners are always talking very highly of them, and happy to let me handle/dry-fire.

I do love the weight, balance, and trigger. So I guess that's a very good good start.

Thanks for any feedback!
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

With respect you can't expect a grip to be correct for you out of the box. They're made for mr average, which 99% of us are not. Although 90% of people seem to think they are and their grip fits them properly - but I digress.

If you take out all six weights you will affect the weight by 20 - 30 g I guess, but you'll more dramatically alter the balance, and also the recoil characteristics to some extent. NB/ You can also get heavier (tungsten ?) weights if you want to go heavier / more nose heavy.

Ultimately only you can decide what's right for you, but if you like the weight, balance and trigger, I think you've already answered your own question...

Rob.
Ted Bell

Post by Ted Bell »

I shot with the factory grip for about two years, then got a Rink grip. The factory grip is average at best. Think of it as a kind of blank canvas- not much to speak of in its initial state, but certainly a good enough foundation to bring something good out of it. If you have good skills and are comfortable doing some major grip work then you can certainly tweak it into a top flight grip. I don't have particularly strong skills in that area, so it was better for me to just replace it.

Thanks,
Ted
schauckis

Post by schauckis »

The above aid is pretty much correct.

The grip is a frame which you modify to yourself, that's a fact.
The factory has several frames in various sizes and also in varying angles. As you know the Pardini standard is in quite a raked angle which I for one don't like. Ask the importer about other grip sizes and angles.
The same applies to any gun on the market, for that matter.

As to the weights - they are tungsten.
I seem to recollect they weight 8 grams each, totally 48g.
Removing them thus greatly affects the balance of the gun, less so the total weight.
I'd be keen to experience how the recoil behavior would be changed as the weights also act as recoil dampers via the usage of small springs.
In summary, have a test shoot to see how this really suits you.

- Larry
jipe

Post by jipe »

The SP new is more heavy/nose heavy than the old one due to the new muzzle weight.

Only the Rapid Fire version has tungsten weights inside, not the standard one. The RF is therefore heavier than the standard one.

All this is valid for the SP new and the SP1.

About the grip, I found the finish of the Pardini grip different than the other brands (in fact most other brands several flavors of the Morini grip), it seems to me slightly slippery.

If you want to buy a new Pardini and doesn't like the grip, you can buy it without grip and then put a Rink grip without having to pay for two grips.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Thanks for the info, guys. Very helpful.

I didn't realize the grip was meant to be carved up, like an IZH-46 air pistol.

The Rink grip comes really clost to a perfect fit, so I think I'd go with that. Larry's said they'd give me $100 credit if I purchased it with no grip.

Gotta say, the gun sure is popular. They had a shipment come in last week, I believe. Two weeks prior to that they were mostly spoken for, and yesterday I called and there were none left.