Olympic Rapid Fire History

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tleddy

Olympic Rapid Fire History

Post by tleddy »

This tid-bit comes from a conversation I had with a dealer last week. I had almost forgotten about the Russian Rapid-fire pistol from the '50s that caused consternation. Take a look...

Tillman in Florida

p.s. I think one can click on the photo to enlarge,,, let me know tle
Attachments
screen-capture-1.png
william

Post by william »

There was an almost equally strange S&W prototype RF pistol. I remember seeing a write-up in (I think) American Rifleman in the late 70's maybe early 80's. Anybody able to help with a picture?
Tycho (2)

Post by Tycho (2) »

schauckis

Another...

Post by schauckis »

Love them!

Unfortunately, I was unable to find a photo of the Finnish "Kuvio-Onni".
"Kuvio" stands for 'duel' or 'figure' i.e. referring to the discipline and "Onni" means 'luck'.
The gun was Valmet design and featured a barrel underneath the gun.
All components including the magazine and the firing mechanism were upside-down and there was a rail for the sights. Seen from the side the gun was of oval shape. The rule change (apparently due to the Russian design in the beginning of the thread) prohibited the use of this design before it ever took off.

You can find history and pics of the gun in the publication "Arma Fennica - Finnish Firearms" (ed. Timo Hyytinen).
If I get hold of the book I'll see if I can scan and post a pic - it's really special.

- Larry