Need help w/ Pardini HP - Stove Pipe issue

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
usmcmba

Need help w/ Pardini HP - Stove Pipe issue

Post by usmcmba »

Hi all!

I need help with handloaded .32 S&W handloads for the Pardini HP.

I currently load the .32 S&W using H&N 100 gr. Bullets (.313 as recommended by Larry after he slugged the barrel), with Hirtenberger brass, 1.6 gr. of VV N310 and Fed match primers.

The nice thing about this load is that it is almost as accurate as the Lapua 98 gr. factory and does not keyhole at all as I see some are having problems with, however the downside to this load is that it stove pipes or FTE (failure to eject) once in a while. I would say this occurs about one in every ten rounds. The brass would get stuck, removing the stuck brass is not an issue, but the case mouth would be crushed that I cannot reload it anymore.

Now, would this be more likely a too mild or too hot a load? I noticed on the chronograph, this load is about 20 FPS faster than the factory Lapua. I also noticed the recoil seems milder with the 100 gr. at 1.6 compared to the factory Lapua.

Should I be looking at the load itself as the culprit of the stove pipe or the gun/magazine?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

David
Ernie Rodriguez

Pardini HP-32 S&W long

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Done lots of testing with this pistol using various powders and bullets.Used stock barrel as well as Wilson barrel. Settled on Speer and Lapau bullets and 1.3 to 1.4 grs of N310 Also tried Meister BBWC and they were ok.Your load of 1.6grs of N310 seems a little high to me. You could try reducing powder charge a little and look for problem in ejection/extraction area and/or try a slightly weaker recoil spring.I miked both the Speers and Lapau at .314.
Razorback

Re: Need help w/ Pardini HP - Stove Pipe issue

Post by Razorback »

usmcmba wrote:Hi all!

I need help with handloaded .32 S&W handloads for the Pardini HP.

I currently load the .32 S&W using H&N 100 gr. Bullets (.313 as recommended by Larry after he slugged the barrel), with Hirtenberger brass, 1.6 gr. of VV N310 and Fed match primers.

The nice thing about this load is that it is almost as accurate as the Lapua 98 gr. factory and does not keyhole at all as I see some are having problems with, however the downside to this load is that it stove pipes or FTE (failure to eject) once in a while. I would say this occurs about one in every ten rounds. The brass would get stuck, removing the stuck brass is not an issue, but the case mouth would be crushed that I cannot reload it anymore.

Now, would this be more likely a too mild or too hot a load? I noticed on the chronograph, this load is about 20 FPS faster than the factory Lapua. I also noticed the recoil seems milder with the 100 gr. at 1.6 compared to the factory Lapua.

Should I be looking at the load itself as the culprit of the stove pipe or the gun/magazine?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

David
Im using the same brass in both my HP and the HP-New without any problem, if i remember right i had the same type of failure once with the HP and it was solved after changing the extractor part no: 811 with spring.
daveward

Pardini HP ejection problems

Post by daveward »

Hi,
I have used an HP with great results for about 5 years but have also experienced the case mashing ejection problem. Get hold of a good magnifying glass or jewellers loupe and look at the base of the ejector on the magazine. It is a fair bet that there is a small crack in the metal starting at that point. Also check the angle of the ejector to the body of the magazine against a known good magazine. It is a fair bet it has been bent awat from the norm by the pounding it takes as the gun cycles. No known cure just but a new magazine and the problem will go away until the next time.

Post by Guest »

Had a similar stove pipe problem with my Pardini HP. Found a small crack in the extractor. Have seen a number of posts regarding this in the past. Seems to be a weak point in the gun. It's easy to change if this is the problem.
multifasciatus

Post by multifasciatus »

Hi

Had my Hp 32 swl for in for service because cartridge was hitting slightly left of chamber mouth.Resulting in cartridge bouncing up and wedging between bolt and chamber mouth(12o clock),resulting in failure to feed.Norwegian importer beveled chambermouth.Im still getting failure to feed ,anyone familiar to this?
My crimp is solid ,accuracy is great.