Hi-standard Supermatic Citation: What do I need to know?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Houngan

Hi-standard Supermatic Citation: What do I need to know?

Post by Houngan »

I finally talked my father out of this pistol, so I can start shooting some .22 matches. Anything off the bat that I should do/know about it? It's the old manufacture, probably 30-40 years old.

What's a good source for magazines?

Also, in NRA 2700 competition, what grip limitations are there on the pistols? Can I put an ergo grip on it?

Thanks in advance,

H.
2650 Plus

Orriginal High Standard Citation

Post by 2650 Plus »

Sounds like the one with more rake in the grip than the military model. And yes you can use orthopedic grips in NRA three gun ,2700 aggragate matches. First you should get a current NRA rule book. Just for instance you are required to have at least a two pound trigger and all factory safeties must work properly. In addition to the iron sights you may use optics or red dot type sights to aim the pistol. Just please don't take my word for this, and get the rule book. Thats the best investiment you can make starting out. Welcome to the shooting sports, Good Shooting Bill Horton
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm not sure if your new to shooting but, you should shoot standard velocity ammo thru your Hi-Standard and find an ammo that works reliably. Do you know if its a Military gripped gun or a slant gripped gun. That will determine what magizines it takes. I allways liked the original slab grips. I had Morini's once and went back to the originals.
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

I'm not new to shooting, just to this particular gun and .22 bullseye. It's the military version, which feels very upright to my Glock- and AP-trained hands.

On another note, you can use optics in 2700? Do they not have a "service weapon" division of some sort? No need to answer, I'll look it up, just surprised that it isn't an iron sights competition.

H.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Houngan wrote: On another note, you can use optics in 2700? Do they not have a "service weapon" division of some sort? No need to answer, I'll look it up, just surprised that it isn't an iron sights competition.
Optics are allowed in Bullseye (2700) competition. Most shooters use red dot optical sights today, but iron sights are still common. You may find it difficult to mount a red dot sight on an older pistol like yours.

Post by Guest »

Can you use dots on all three guns or just 22 and centerfire? I remember reading you couldn't use it on the 45 but that was some time ago and it could have changed.
jackh

Post by jackh »

Houngan wrote:I'm not new to shooting, just to this particular gun and .22 bullseye. It's the military version, which feels very upright to my Glock- and AP-trained hands.

On another note, you can use optics in 2700? Do they not have a "service weapon" division of some sort? No need to answer, I'll look it up, just surprised that it isn't an iron sights competition.

H.
Read in rule section 3 about the NRA pistols:
http://www.nrahq.org/compete/RuleBooks/ ... -index.pdf

While at it, the CMP rules:
http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/Rulebook.pdf

I am quite familiar with the Model 106 and 107 Military grip High Standards, if you have specific questions on using one in Bullseye.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Seeing as we have a bullseye section wouldn't this make more sense in there?
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Richard H wrote:Seeing as we have a bullseye section wouldn't this make more sense in there?
You're right, I'm just used to posting in this forum from all the AP questions I've had. I'll post over there, see if I can't figure it out.

H.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

They are nice pistol borrowed one when I first started and was waiting for my licence.