eley pistol match

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Narcoleptic Warrior

eley pistol match

Post by Narcoleptic Warrior »

Is eley pistol match a good round for ISSF standard pistol and rapid fire pistol?

In comparison to RWS R100, which is a better round for standard pistol matches?

Is US$0.18/round a good price?
GOVTMODEL

Re: eley pistol match

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Narcoleptic Warrior wrote:Is eley pistol match a good round for ISSF standard pistol and rapid fire pistol?

In comparison to RWS R100, which is a better round for standard pistol matches?

Is US$0.18/round a good price?
Probably not. Eley says in some of their literature that it won't reliably cycle semiauto's.

TENEX Semiauto and Match Semiauto are the top of the line Eley products for SP. There is a new RF product line, but Zanders doesn't seem to have any in inventory at the time.

As to accuracy, every lot of ammunition is different, as is every barrel. Unless you lot test ammunition and match it to your barrel, you really can't make any valid judgement about how a brand of ammunition will perform in your pistol. That's why Eley and SK have Customer Test Ranges for the serious customers.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I can't talk about Rapid Fire but when I was shooting Standard Pistol competitively (20 years ago) with a FAS 602 I only shot Eley Pistol Match (in training as well as matches).

The recoil characteristics, ultra-reliability and accuracy allowed me to average into the 570s for several years.

At the time their literature said that it wasn't suitable for semi-automatics but they privately admitted that it was perfectly reliable on top-class match guns.
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

Eley Target Pistol gives excellent reliability and accuracy through my Pardini SP New. I also have one of the RF variations (Mech trigger) of that gun, and it eats it without a bobble. For that matter, I use it in the "New" SP's, because it worked so well in an older model that I've since put out to pasture.
OntPstlShooter

Post by OntPstlShooter »

You really need to test out ammo to find out what works in your gun. I have a Morini CM22M and was quite surprised with my results.

I can't use TENNEX because the little nib on the end makes it jam in my mags. I tested 2 types of RWS, 2 types of lapua, and Eley yellow and light blue box (can't remember the types just now).

I had quite a setup including 2 vices to make sure the gun stayed still.

As it turned out the R50 - the one that I thought would be the best - was by far the worst. I'm competing with Lapua Midas L. Its intended to be a rifle round but it had the best groups by a noticeable margin (no rulers needed). I practice with Eley yellow box since its more affordable.

So, it really does depend on the gun.

Good luck.