Illinois - USAS air rifle and air pistol tournament

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ray Odle

Illinois - USAS air rifle and air pistol tournament

Post by Ray Odle »

Illinois will be holding it's USAS/CMP 3p and PPP junior Olympic state qualifier on Feb 9, 08 at Chebanse, IL.

Junior competitors and adults have shown interesting in competiting in Int. air rifle and air pistol.

Since I have available firing points on three relays, I am going to ask USAS to sanction men and women's air rifle and air pistol events. We have 24 firing points.

Anyone interested can contact me for a match program and squadding.

raymondodle@yahoo.com
hbinstl

Airpistol

Post by hbinstl »

I'm pretty new to AP and have no club affiliation for pistol (only rifle, St. Louis U. High ) but was wondering how to get into competiotion. I shot a lot for a while and found out that there is no competition in the St. Louis Area, so I basically slowed down to shooting about once a week whereas it used to be 4 days a week, 30-40 shots a day. PPP sounds ok, but I'm far more interested in Olympic style. Can you help me find some clubs, and maybe a way to qualify for JO's (it is probably too late, as Air and Smallbore were this week in MO). I really don't think anybody shoots AP in Missouri.

Thanks,
HB
Ray Odle

Post by Ray Odle »

Unfortuantely in our sport we have to travel. Below I have posted the CMP state Jr director for Missouri. He will have more info than me.

John & Grace Leinberger

4249 Hwy 50 E
P.O. Box 303
Linn, MO 65051
(573) 943-6632
Email: gleinber@osagecon.missouri.org

We used to shoot AP at Highland, IL for the Illinois State Games. I don't know if they have an air pistol program anymore. I believe most St. Louis Air rifle shooters travel to Highland, Quincy, or Streator, IL. I suspect it would be the same for pistol.

You may want to contact USA Shooting for affiliated clubs in your area.

Let us know what you find out.

Ray Odle
HBguest

Thanks

Post by HBguest »

I'll try the CMP guy. I know Highland has an airgun silhouette league but no Olympic style leagues. I might try to get up to Streator sometime. It's hard to shoot Rifle and Pistol at the same time because of overlapping schedules.

Thanks,
Houston