Toz 35 please Help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darrell

Toz 35 please Help

Post by darrell »

I am looking at buying a Toz , i would like a little help to know how to pick a good from a bad and the things i should look for what would be worn on a used gun what not to buy ,thanks in advance.
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Like any other pistol, there are the basics:

-clean bore, decent crown, set trigger that works properly, firing pin that leaves a nicely shaped and adequately deep indentation on the case, and sights that adjust (with a toz, they don't seem to need to be square!)

-Of course, decent grips that you can modify or sell, to replace with some swanky boutique grips, a few spares (firing pin spring, and firing pin retention lever spring), firing pin, and sight elements are a nice bonus too.

Of course, others will add to this very minimal list.

While it is said that parts can be scarce, several common 'consumables' can be replaced with alternates or can be fabricated with relative ease. As soon as I get some time (post holidays), I am going to fabricate a handful of firing pins.

good luck,

toznerd
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Would you be able to post an account of your fabrications? I've just bought a Toz myself and, like everyone else I'm sure, I'm accumulating a stash of useful information to supplement the meagre manual.
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Firing Pin Spring stuff:

Wolff springs.

16664 15 lb Rebound

16665 16 lb rebound

They are for J, K, L, N frame revolvers.

Sear (Firing Pin retention lever spring):

Some have used the spring steel from the clamping style paper clip. It can be ground and then cold set to the proper shape. I would imagine that the same spring steel could be used to make the trigger weight spring.

Others (And I will use this method) have used round spring wire (or fishing leader wire.) I will have to track down the proper dimension. Again, cold set to the proper shape. There was a drawing posted here, but I can't find it.

Firing pin:

Get a lathe, a rotary table (preferably one that indexes- not that the the firing pin in a toz is a precisely made part), some good files, mild steel, and an original to copy. Actually, a good drill press and file could be used, if you were patient. Be careful, moderately temper for durability, and polish the face of the cocking ears, for smooth action,.....and voila!

Or, buy a couple spare guns, and salvage parts as needed.

Gut Glueck!

toznerd