MG as .32

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jer

MG as .32

Post by jer »

Gehmann added MG4 to lists. If first ones has as good quality as first MG-2s, maybe its better to wait for a moment.

http://www.gehmann.net/pages/e-productc ... ies&id=140
No, not me, yet

Re: MG as .32

Post by No, not me, yet »

jer wrote:Gehmann added MG4 to lists. If first ones has as good quality as first MG-2s, maybe its better to wait for a moment.
"Words of wisdom"....
Ernie Rodriguez

MG-4 .32 Cal Pistol

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

As good a success as I had with my MG-2 .22Cal-I think waiting awhile for this pistol to prove itself is a very wise idea :-)
Not mee, yet

Re: MG-4 .32 Cal Pistol

Post by Not mee, yet »

Ernie Rodriguez wrote:As good a success as I had with my MG-2 .22Cal-I think waiting awhile for this pistol to prove itself is a very wise idea :-)
"Success" ?
Yes, that experience of yours was a definite success.
(Just kidding)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Just a thought if everyone waits, how will it ever get fixed? Just wondering.
Na, not mee, yet

The MG fac. had better make a reliable gun prior to shipping

Post by Na, not mee, yet »

Richard H wrote:Just a thought if everyone waits, how will it ever get fixed? Just wondering.
The MG factory had better test, modyfy, "fix" the gun prior to shipping to customers.
The MG32 has spend very short time from "planning" to marketing. I worry about that.
Will they again ginnipig teh customers?
Have the poor customers suffer from all the trouble of "testing out the gun" for the MG factory.
I AM NOT GONNA TO BE THAT FOOLHARTED ONCE MORE
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,

The MG.4 does not start from scratch as MG.2!
If MG.2 is a step in the right direction when it comes to recoil then a .32 version can be even more favorable, right?
A .32 has more punch to move things and, if handloading, you can adjust your load, crimp and many other things.

I think it does makes sence to buy a .MG.4 if you are in to center fire matches because it may have a REAL edge.
But, if you are just plinking for fun you may be better off with something else!

Kent
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

The MG4 was nearly finished one year ago and laid up so the MG2 could be updated and the latest knowledge integrated into the MG4, too. I ordered one today, let's see what comes...
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Tycho wrote:The MG4 was nearly finished one year ago and laid up so the MG2 could be updated and the latest knowledge integrated into the MG4, too. I ordered one today, let's see what comes...
I'm sure you'll let us know what you think of it. The only question I had about the design is the tubular magazine, when full you have all that weight of the .32's out front. The C of G is really going to change from 1st to last shot.
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

Of interest to U.S. bullseye shooters, what twist are the barrels? It would be great to be able to purchase a .32 that will stabalize bullets at 50 yards. Thanks, Dwaine.
Ernie Rodriguez

MG-4 .32 Cal Pistol

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Stefano C.-Tell us that Matchgun company put a 1:10 twist in the MG-4 pistol,rather than the old 1:16 twist that was prevalent in the ISSF pistols of the past.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Reinhamre wrote:If MG.2 is a step in the right direction when it comes to recoil then a .32 version can be even more favorable, right?
I'm a bit confused by this comment Kent.

I will admit that I haven't shot an MG2 so cannot comment on its recoil recovery in Standard Pistol or Rapid Fire Pistol.

No matter how beneficial the recoil recovery is in those events, I fail to see how it (or a similar MG4 design) can be a significant improvement over current guns for ISSF Centre Fire. Recoil recovery (within reason) is simply not an issue in that event.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

If they DID go with a 1-10 twist, and can get the gun to run, they might just have a real winner.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Richard H wrote:[ The only question I had about the design is the tubular magazine, when full you have all that weight of the .32's out front. The C of G is really going to change from 1st to last shot.
It may not be that much after all, 1 is ready in the chamber and 2:nd on its way up, third right under the one in the chamber. I understand that the balance point will be just under the cartridge in the chamber +/- 1 (except for the first shot) and the balance point is further back than on a SP20 or a Pardini HP because the barrel is longer.

And David, yes I may have taken a short cut here and added all the positive things that has been sad about MG2 and boiled it down to just recoil. On the other hand, it is nice to combine dry fire and live fire some time. It is easier to call shots when recoil is lower but that is a personal experience. I still have my highest result in slow fire with a SIG 210-6

Kent
bjsulla

Post by bjsulla »

Tycho wrote:The MG4 was nearly finished one year ago and laid up so the MG2 could be updated and the latest knowledge integrated into the MG4, too. I ordered one today, let's see what comes...
Have you received the gun yet? I would really like some more information about this gun.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Did you really expect MG to be punctual about a new release? Should have been last year, but I'll be surprised whenever it comes - nothing personal, but it's a small company and a small market. But I'm sure looking forward to it, will be interesting.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Maybe they are making sure it works, so the masses won't complain about "how dare they release product thats not fit to be released, they should have tested it more to make sure that it will never fail no matter what I do to it".

Post by 56 »

disencouraged owner of two continously malfunctioning MGs wrote: Maybe they are making sure it works, so the masses won't complain about "how dare they release a product that will surely always fail no matter what I do to it".

Interesting failure percentage?

Post by 56 »

Tycho wrote: But I'm sure looking forward to it, will be interesting.
To me, the only topic of interest is the malfunction percentage...
Fairly high, i am afraid...Based on enduring experiense, that is...
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

So don't buy one.