Where to lubricate a MG2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kmk678gc

Where to lubricate a MG2

Post by kmk678gc »

Just wondered where do you oil your pistol? Owners manual didn't mention anything about lubricating it.
ausdiver99

Post by ausdiver99 »

I lightly oil mine

on the frame where the slide runs along it
the sides of the pivoting bullet ramp where they meet the frame
the underside of the slide where it presses on the pivoting bullet feed ramp and
the side of the bullet positioning lever in the top strap.

Essentially a very light oil where any parts move against each other.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Additional points requiring light lubrication:

1) Trigger disconnector (view pistol from right side - the disconnector sticks up above the frame in a location where the rearward-moving breechblock/slide will push it downward to cause the trigger to disconnect during the reloading process)

2) Dry Fire / Live Fire selector - this is held in either position by a spring ball - a little oil in there helps keep things moving freely.

3) Hammer pivot point - this is easy to lube from the top side of the slide cover

4) I put a little oil on the slide guide rods and springs, as well as on the barrel where the slide moves on it. I don't think this is really absolutely necessary, but a few pennies worth of oil is a small investment in potentially improving the longevity of the pistol.
kmk678gc

Post by kmk678gc »

it sounds like I'm oiling my gun about the same. But didnt think to oil the dry fire pin or the disconnector thanks