Izh-46 and Electronic target scoring.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
LukeP

Izh-46 and Electronic target scoring.

Post by LukeP »

I'm wondering if electronic target work fine with izh-46.
Especially i think about the mechanism pumping air, with CLICK-CLACK noise of the lever and the "PIFF" when charging chamber. Is it a "Zero" on a electronic target? Is possible to use izzy with electronic target?

Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Luke.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Are you talking about an electronic target (Suis, Meyton, etc) or an electronic trainer (Scatt, Rika, etc).

You shouldn't have any problem with an electronic target providing that your pellets are travelling at a "normal" velocity. All of the sensing is done at the target. Noise at the gun does not trigger the target.

The position would be different with an electronic trainer. Although it is possible to do so, it is not a requirement that you live fire. Your most difficult problem would be mounting the sensor on the gun in a position that is not disturbed by cocking the pistol. On the Scatt, noise when the sensor is not pointing in the general area of the target is not counted as a shot. You can also adjust the volume required to trigger the system. I presume the other systems have similar facilities.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

David Levene wrote:Are you talking about an electronic target (Suis, Meyton, etc)

You shouldn't have any problem with an electronic target providing that your pellets are travelling at a "normal" velocity. All of the sensing is done at the target. Noise at the gun does not trigger the target.
Yes, i'm talking about electronic target (Suis etc). Velocity of pellet i think is more or less around 130-140 m/s, like most of target match pistol.
My doubt is (for example) if i discharge the air without the pellet... the target must give me a "zero", but no pellet arrived to target. I don't know the method used by the target to check this.
So i'm fear that the "piff-puff" noise of charching izzy lever's, can effect target and give "zero", like a gas discharge without pellet, or a pellet out of target.

Thank you.
Luke.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Seen a few very low velocity air pistols rip the paper roll on electronic targets and this cuased blocked feeding of the target roll.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

LukeP wrote:My doubt is (for example) if i discharge the air without the pellet... the target must give me a "zero", but no pellet arrived to target. I don't know the method used by the target to check this.
The Sius system will not pick this up, it will only react to a pellet arriving at the target box. It doesn't matter what gun you use, if you just discharge air without a pellet it will not give a zero. In that respect the Sius system is identical to paper targets.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

The cocking mechanism doesn't make enough nose to register a zero.

Discharging gas without a pellet will register a zero.

Exactly as it should.

Steve Swartz
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Don't know about the SIUS system at the world cups, but the SIUS we have in our club (which looks standard) for sure doesn't register an air shot. No pellet, no score. The mics can't be so sensible as to register an air shot, or they would pick up impacts from the next target, too. The only reason I can see why an air shot would be picked up was if additional mics were used at the bench, as with the 300m rifle system.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Steve Swartz wrote:Discharging gas without a pellet will register a zero.
Are you sure about that Steve. How does it sense that the gas has been released from nearly 10m away.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Tycho wrote:The only reason I can see why an air shot would be picked up was if additional mics were used at the bench, as with the 300m rifle system.
I may be wrong but I always thought that the fullbore rifle system used muzzle flash sensors, not microphones.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I'm no rifle shooter, but some years ago, we had a lot of problems at the national champs with the 50m system - where they tried to use bench microphones, at that time and according to SIUS the same idea as in the 300m rifle systems. Haven't kept up with potential technological progress, though.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

D'OH!

David you are right.

Only the "combo" ranges (where both small bore and air are shot) will even *have* the mics at the shooting bench.

And I don't think they will pick up the discharge of gas (way too quiet for the "crossfire detection" system).

[once again, typing faster than thinking]

So-o-o-orry . . .

Steve