Morini 162ei cocking problem.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
John Ariani

Morini 162ei cocking problem.

Post by John Ariani »

I've just encountered a problem when cocking the Morini 162ei. Every now and then (about 1 time out of 3) I've carried out the exact same proceedure when loading. Lift the lever fully up, load the pellet and return the lever down - only to find it 'dry fires'. I have to re-cock to be able to take the shot.
I've not changed my usual pellet loading proceedure and have never in the past experienced this.
Through consistent use, (about 400 pellets a week) is there an adjustment that gets 'out of whack' in respect the to lifting and lowering of the cocking arm/lever?
Have any of the forum's Mornini users experienced this?
An explanation if known would be appreciated - as would a solution.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

John:

Never had that particular problem in either of my 162E/EIs over tens of thousands of rounds. First time I've heard of it actually.

I think you may need to "go directly to gunsmith" on this one, sorry.

Steve Swartz

(I'm assuming the obvious- that you are indeed bringing the lever all the way up to vertical; as far back as it will go.)
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I've had problems with the cocking lever, but not exactly with these symptoms. In my case, the lever wouldn't go all the way up, and it was scratchy and sticky to move. Took the whole thing apart, and there's this brass spacer underneath it, completey chewed up. Smoothed it out and put some grease on it - voila.
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Thanks Steve and Tycho. I placed a couple of drops of oil at the hinge of the cocking arm and lever and the problem has disappeared. Maybe that washer you spoke of needs checking - but for now I'll leave things alone whilst they are back to normal.