AP Velocity Question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tenex

AP Velocity Question

Post by tenex »

Hi All,
I put my Pardini K2 through the chronograph and I'm getting 523 ft/sec with Vogel green pellets. Does this seem a bit high? The gun shoots very nice groups, but I would have expected a slightly lower velocity. I'm getting 170 - 180 shots from a 230 BAR fill, so capacity is ok.

What is everyone else getting for velocity with a 0.53 gram pellet?

Thanks,
Steve.
Warren

230 BAR???

Post by Warren »

I think the velocity is just fine. I've seen K2s at up to 600fps, which is a bit overboard. Anything up to 550 is probably within normal range.

But should you fill your cylinder to 230 BAR? I thought only the Walther was rated at over 200 BAR for continual use? You should be careful to note that some cylinders are stamped with a pressure they are tested to, not what they are recommended for normal use. Some early Morini cylinders are a case in point, they had 300 BAR stamped on them, and were certainly never intended to be filled over 200 BAR.
tenex

Re: 230 BAR???

Post by tenex »

Warren wrote:I think the velocity is just fine. I've seen K2s at up to 600fps, which is a bit overboard. Anything up to 550 is probably within normal range.

But should you fill your cylinder to 230 BAR? I thought only the Walther was rated at over 200 BAR for continual use? You should be careful to note that some cylinders are stamped with a pressure they are tested to, not what they are recommended for normal use. Some early Morini cylinders are a case in point, they had 300 BAR stamped on them, and were certainly never intended to be filled over 200 BAR.
Hi Warren,
The Pardini's are good for 250 BAR. 230 in pretty much my limit with the Hill pump without eating a few more cheeseburgers however. The one thing I didn't count on was that neither of my kids are heavy enough to pump up the cylinders properly, so I have to do it myself!

Steve.