Golf swing improvement lessons cost ...$1,000 000.00 a year

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Russ

Golf swing improvement lessons cost ...$1,000 000.00 a year

Post by Russ »

Golf swing improvement lessons cost ...$1,000 000.00 a year.....

"Golf Lessons: Lessons, Golf Swing And Schools
By: James Lower
Published: July 20, 2007 http://www.inetclubhouse.com/golf-lesso ... hools.htmlTechnically, golf is not a game that requires flinging clubs, cursing or psychological meltdowns. However, for many players, golf can be a far cry from a peaceful stroll across well-manicured grounds. One of the only ways to battle back against the game's potential frustrations is through golf lessons; instructional sessions intended to pinpoint a player's weaknesses while correcting them through drill work and repeated practice.

Florida PGA CoursesGood golf only comes through discipline and determination, and golf lessons are a sure fire way to tap into both.
Golf lessons are great for players of all abilities (even Tiger Woods has a private teacher!), but golf lessons are almost essential for beginners. A golf swing is an unnatural motion and bad technique can quickly become habit if it is not recognized and corrected. By learning the game of golf through golf lessons, a beginning player can avoid years of frustrating play simply by learning the right way from the start. That being said, golf lessons aren't the only way to improve (there is something to be said for routine practice on the driving range), but they tend to facilitate and speed up improvement in the golf swing for players of all abilities.
There are several different forms of golf lessons, each beneficial in their own way. The most direct (and expensive) method is one on one instruction with a golf pro. This personal attention cannot be beat and usually leads to immediate improvement. However, single lessons are not going to change anything. Improvement takes time and one on one golf lessons must be repeated over a period of time so corrections can become second nature and more advanced swing changes can be made. Perhaps the greatest advantage of continued one on one coaching is the possibility for follow-up instruction. "

Reason why I posted this article is very simple…. Golf and ISSF shooting very close to each other by fundamentals and mental approach…. Even with price to start-up program and start –up equipment $300… (IZH-46M)
But how many of “True international shooters” are looking for professional help?
Russ

How Much Do Golf Clubs Cost? $300 vs $1,200.00

Post by Russ »

Golf Beginners FAQ
http://golf.about.com/cs/beginnersguide ... bscost.htm

From Brent Kelley,
Your Guide to Golf.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
How Much Do Golf Clubs Cost?
As you'll read many times throughout the About Golf site, golf can be an expensive game. How expensive depends largely on how expensive you're willing to make it.
Top-of-the-line drivers range from $300 to $600. A top-of-the-line set of irons (usually 3-iron through pitching wedge) can range from $700 to $1,200. Top-of-the-line putters can range up to $300. The best golf balls may cost up to $60 per dozen.

As a beginner, do you need top-of-the-line equipment? Absolutely not. In fact, even many very good players play with less-expensive equipment.

There are many golf club manufacturers who offer cheaper alternatives to their top-of-the-line clubs. There are off-brand clubs, there are clubs made from less expensive materials.

You can find brand new drivers for $35 that will work just fine for beginners, and will serve you well until (or unless) you decide to move up in quality and price.

Bargain iron sets can be had for $100-$200. Putters are easiest to find cheap, many for as little as $15-$20. And balls? Plenty are on the market for $8-$10 per dozen.

And that's just the new clubs. Don't be afraid to start out with used clubs. Hand-me-downs or garage-sale finds are the clubs of choice for many beginners. You can get a complete outfitting of clubs for under $100 by checking garage sales, flea markets or classified ads.

And as a beginner, such clubs won't hurt you at all. Until you learn to play and start showing some improvement, you probably couldn't tell the difference between a 25-year-old set of irons you picked up at a garage sale and a $1,200 set of irons you were custom-fitted for by the manufacturer.

If you're dead serious about becoming a great golfer and you're planning on taking lessons and spending time on your game, and - most importantly - you have money to burn, there's nothing wrong with starting out with top-of-the-line equipment.

But if you're looking to learn on a budget, or just aren't sure how committed to golf you'll be, there's also nothing wrong with learning on the cheap. You can always take the money you've saved and go get some lessons.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Not a real fair comparison, for one good reason;

A world class pro golfer can make how much money. (millions)

A world class shooter can make how much money.(none it just cost you money)

As a precentage of the amount of money that can be made at the sport thats pretty cheap.
Matt

Post by Matt »

You missed Russ' point entirely sir. Read his first post (last sentences) in this thread.

Richard H wrote:Not a real fair comparison, for one good reason;

As a precentage of the amount of money that can be made at the sport thats pretty cheap.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Matt wrote:You missed Russ' point entirely sir. Read his first post (last sentences) in this thread.

I get Russ' point but did you read the article he linked to. Its about paying for coaching. My point is people are more willing to pay big bucks for coaching because SOME (not all or even most) see that there might be a pay out in the future. My point is no matter how good you get in ISSF pistol you are never going to make a living doing it and it will just cost you money. That being said I love the sport and have even talked to Russ about paying for some coaching.

Post by Guest »

Richard H wrote:
Matt wrote:You missed Russ' point entirely sir. Read his first post (last sentences) in this thread.

I get Russ' point but did you read the article he linked to. Its about paying for coaching. My point is people are more willing to pay big bucks for coaching because SOME (not all or even most) see that there might be a pay out in the future. My point is no matter how good you get in ISSF pistol you are never going to make a living doing it and it will just cost you money. That being said I love the sport and have even talked to Russ about paying for some coaching.
Mr. Richard
If you paid more attention about the structure of the leading members in the ISSF National Teams you would see that 80% of members is military personal (CISM.) This is the same as a paid job.
So, the only option for civilians is to compete on the same equal level is obtaining financial sources for the motivated and talented individuals: boys and girls, men and women who can picture themselves on the top stages in the International (Olympic Games and World Cups Level.)
Also the leading athletes in ISSF sport (certain countries) start making pretty fair money, which came from the private financial and sponsors companies. So they are making some improvements over seas, I hope for North American countries that didn't take to long to recognize that we are slightly behind schedule and someone has to take over initiative to step forward in the North American Olympic Pistol Shooting.
Best wishes for all athletes!
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Anonymous wrote:
Richard H wrote:

Mr. Richard
If you paid more attention about the structure of the leading members in the ISSF National Teams you would see that 80% of members is military personal (CISM.) This is the same as a paid job.
So, the only option for civilians is to compete on the same equal level is obtaining financial sources for the motivated and talented individuals: boys and girls, men and women who can picture themselves on the top stages in the International (Olympic Games and World Cups Level.)
Also the leading athletes in ISSF sport (certain countries) start making pretty fair money, which came from the private financial and sponsors companies. So they are making some improvements over seas, I hope for North American countries that didn't take to long to recognize that we are slightly behind schedule and someone has to take over initiative to step forward in the North American Olympic Pistol Shooting.
Best wishes for all athletes!
What does this have to do with what I said????? Show me a shooter that makes anywheres near as much as any of the say the top 10, 20, or 100 PGA golfers, doing nothing but shooting.

When there is, then you will see moms and dads forking out money to take little Jimmy to the range on Saturday morning so that he can work with the coach that they pay $100 an hour for so that he can become a shooting start and pay for their retirement.

PM sent ;)

Post by Guest »

PM sent ;)
paw080

Post by paw080 »

To all of us in general.....
Hah! ten meter AP shooting is dirt Cheap! If you don't think so, just
try campainging a 125CC Motocross bike for a twelve year old for one
year....... Hopefully the end result is that the child quits before he breaks
his/her neck and you're out another $7K-$8K for the next year's racing. I
foolishly tried this with 12 year old twins. That was twenty years ago
(but the cost estimates are current); and now one of my twins and I are beginning
to shoot 10 meter AP matches with old/2nd hand and very reliable equipment.
It's a great experience, with great personal rewards.
Tony Gallegos
Russ

Safe Sport /Psychological Knowledge/Educational Advantage...

Post by Russ »

You right paw 080.....
Here some more benefits for kids:
Safe Sport

Safety Counts! Safe habits are trained into participants of the shooting sports. A study of college sports found that this sport is one of the least potentially dangerous. Lack of physical contact between competitors and safety oriented treatment of equipment keep accidents to a minimum. Participation in shooting sports at an early age helps build a safety-minded society and helps prevent gun accidents, just as learning how to swim helps prevent drowning.

Psychological Knowledge

Professional Pistol Target Shooters are known to possess strong stress control skills and mind management techniques. They pay thorough attention to details. Such traits, along with other important psychological skills, help shooting athletes to manage their time more efficiently, and obtain success in business and family life faster.

Educational Advantage

Grade point averages of shooters are some of the highest among athletes. The target shooting sport has consistently attracted academically strong students. A strong Pistol Target Shooting team is a great selling point for promoting a university as a great academic as well as recreational institution. This sport is a favorite on many outstanding college campuses. Elite schools such as MIT, Cornell, Yale, and West Point, among others, maintain intramural shooting teams and provide classes. Target shooting has been known to elevate classroom performance along with shooting level.

And most important benefit is: Life- time long Great Goal!

A "professional" shooting athlete always strives to improve his level of performance to advance to more prestigious competitions, such as the National level and International level Turnaments and Olympic Games of course. There are always records to beat and tournaments to win. Consistent improvement brings confidence in one’s skills and abilities, assuring stability and strong performance no matter the external conditions, thus increasing self-reliance.

And monetary investment.... ;) Less then $1,000.00 with equipment.....
You can't beat ISSF Air Pistol !!!!!