Pardini SP and HP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
usmcmba

Pardini SP and HP

Post by usmcmba »

Hi all:

I have a Pardini SP for use on the .22 for bullseye shooting. I am thinking of getting the HP for the centerfire course.

Can anyone tell me if shooting the HP is the same as the SP? I know they are almost identical guns, but I have never shot a .32 S&W and do not know the recoil of this round. I would assume there is a little more kick correct?

Any feedback would be appreciated and thanks!

David
Ernie Rodriguez

Pardini HP

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

The HP is similar in many ways to the SP. In grip,trigger pull and overall feel-however the recoil is a little greater and sharper. If you are going to want 2 pistols-close in feel-these two Pardini's are what you would probably want. If you are going to shoot B.E. with the 32 S&W long-know this-it probably won't shoot 10 ring accuracy with the existing bbl.I would recommend buying a used HP and re-barreling it to a bbl with a faster twist-for 50 yds.Hope this helps.Erod
usmcmba

Post by usmcmba »

Thanks for your feedback Erod!

Regarding the HP, I have read that Lapua factory ammo actually does well at the 50 yard line (others tend to keyhole) with the factory barrel. Is the Lapua satisfactory for 50 yard shooting with factory barrel?

As for the HP and SP, do you see a big difference with your scores between the two? For me for example, I have been shooting scores equivalent to expert or master on a very good day with the SP, now on my Les Baer wadcutter, I shoot sharpshooter or even marksman on bad days. This one of the reasons why I am thinking of going with a HP on the centerfire portion. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much once again!

David
Ernie Rodriguez

Lapau Heads-32 S&W Long

Dave-I have tried Lapau,Meister,Speer heads-the factory 1:16 twist does not give me less than 2" groups @50yds. I varied the powder weight and and used B'eye,N310,N320.WST and AL2. Groups varied from 3.5" to 5.5" with some keyholing(at 50 yds/6X scope on sandbags) After installing a D. Wilson bbl(1:10 twist) there was a dramatic difference. Groups varied from 1.55" to 2.5". I settled on 1.3grs/N310 using Speer heads and groups averaged around 2" and no keyholing. As a person that doesn't want to buy factory target ammo(and is is not that accurate with a factory bbl)-I settled on this combo. Erod
CROB

Post by CROB »

Hi Erod,

Very interesting results. I've found 1.3 - 1.4gns N310 over a Lapua 98gn HBWC the best for factory barrels (Parding and Walther). But groups aren't great, always a few flyers and obvious evidence the projectile was yawing through the air (smudges on the paper).

With the D. Wilson barrel, did you shoot any 25m groups? Do you have a contact for these barrels, i've almost worn out google trying to find a valid one. I'm in Australia, so if they have a non toll-free number it would be great.

Thanks
CROB
Ernie Rodriguez

D.Wilson Addy

CROB-This is Dave Wilson's addresss-"fc60.ma...@attglobal.net " I don't remember the cost-but it really tranformed the accuracy on my HP and no tumbling.Erod
2650 Plus

tumbling or occolating about a common center

Post by 2650 Plus »

Earnie, are you sure the 32's are tumbling ? I had a bad time with a 38 wad cutter until I won the national marche CF slow fire match. I later shot a 9x 99 with the 7th shot called out in the slow fire stage of the mational match course. Then a machine rest test produced the sane bullet hole configurations with the bullet clearely tipped as it went through the target. The resulting ten round tests measured well under two inches so I finally put that issue to rest. Some of the posts indicate large groups in the machine rest so the barrel change may be necessary for 50 yard shooting . Best of luck and good shooting Bill Horton