TOZ 35 trigger instabillity

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Hugo

TOZ 35 trigger instabillity

Post by Hugo »

Hi,

Some months ago I purchased a very nice TOZ FP. After some shooting turns I discovered that on some occassions the shot would not break. In one of the forums on this site I read about this problem possibly being caused by a 'sear adjustment screw' which could have come loose. I also have problems with the trigger picking up more slack from time to time, and the mentioned post addressed this with the same possible cause being the sear adjustment screw.

On this site I also discovered a link to a scanned original TOZ manual in English which I of course downloaded immediately (my TOZ came without case, tools, spare parts, manual, but hey... it only costed me about $100 ;-).

I will upload the scanned manual , hoping that somebody can tell me which screw is this famous 'sear adjustment screw'.....

Kind Regards,
Hugo
Attachments
vostok_toz_35_parts.pdf
TOZ parts manual
(396.45 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Have you tried looking at the Toz35 page on our host's 10P files
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Hugo, I'll take that troublesome TOZ off your hands, and let you double your money to boot!!!:>)
Congratulations on a great deal!! These guns were designed for farmers to work on with a ball peen hammer and a monkey wrench(they say), and are very easy with regard to correcting problems.
Paul
Fred Mannis

Re: TOZ 35 trigger instabillity

Post by Fred Mannis »

Hugo wrote:
I will upload the scanned manual , hoping that somebody can tell me which screw is this famous 'sear adjustment screw'.....
#18, otherwise known as the 'creep adjusting screw'
Hugo

Problem solved!!

Post by Hugo »

Hi Guys,

Thanks a million! I found the screw, had to turn it about ten turns before the trigger snapped and then I was able to fine tune the whole thing. I just finished the work and the trigger works like a dream, all be it only able dry firing it for now. Coming Sunday I will test the new set up on the range, but it seems like it's gonna be fun.....

Cheers,
Hugo

By the way: gun wasn't only cheap, it still looks pretty as well!!
Attachments
Toz 35.JPG
patience0830

cheap and purty

Post by patience0830 »

hope mine looks as good when it shows up this week.