Pardini and Eley sport

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dam8

Pardini and Eley sport

Post by dam8 »

Not every mag, but often enough to be un reliable. The third shot from a mag, before the round can be chambered, the previous brass gets wedged to prevent it from seating. Is this called a stove pipe? Anyways... I've tried to use a little oil on the cases and got the same results. This has'nt happened with Any other ammo, however aguilla did it for me tonight? Any ideas...
thanks guys
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Yes, a stovepipe is failure to eject where the spent case gets caught before it clears the ejection port.

The easiest way to correct the problem will likely be with a different brand of ammo. Every gun (including different serial numbers of the same brand and model) is different, so what works in my Pardini may not work in yours and you may have to do some experiments. That said, I've always had good luck with Federal 711B; off the top of my head, I can't remember ever having even a single failure to feed or a failure to eject with 711B in my SP or SP New in tens of thousands of rounds. YMMV.
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

A dam good clean may also solve the problem. As Tcott (our host) once said it solves around 50% of 22 problems.

If you are returning the Eley Biathlon Sport ( the only one labeled sport on the website) is is a 40 grain bullet running at 331 m/s Compare to Eley pistol ammo at 40 grain ans 314 m/s. It should therefor have plenty of power to work the ejector, unless the "extra" is causing the cartage expand to create a too tight seal and stick

With the fact that is not starting to happen with other types, my bet is cleaning.

JY
Tom

My 2 cents

Post by Tom »

Hi,

When anyones Pardini acts up my first question is how many rounds through it and if they say more than 5000, I ask them when the last time they put a new recoil, firing pin and extractor spring in.

I found that most issues on the SPE/SP pistols are caused by old/weak springs or lube residue jammed under the extractor. When you clean the bolt, you need to hold the extractor out and use a small pick to scrape out the gunk. I follow that up with some carb cleaner to blast it clear. I put a drop of oil on it after to let it move easy.

Don't clean the barrel too often though, I find that they shoot better with at least 100 rounds through them after a good cleaning.

Tom
Walter Young

Post by Walter Young »

If its eley Sport (purple box) its the mexican stuff made by Aguilla.
The cartridge rim of these rounds are a bit rounded. It is not as easy for the extractor to grab it. Sometimes the extractor slips off the edge of the rim. There just might be some junk under the edge of your extractor.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Walter Young wrote:The cartridge rim of these rounds are a bit rounded. It is not as easy for the extractor to grab it. Sometimes the extractor slips off the edge of the rim.
The only time that would be a problem is when you are trying to manually extract a round from the chamber.

During normal firing the extractor plays no part in extracting the fired case from the chamber. It merely acts as a pivot to throw the case out through the ejection port when the case hits the ejector. As such however it could be the cause of a stove-pipe.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

thanks for the help. Last night I shot a match with the Aguilla standard. No stove pipes. I will however check the extractors pivot point. Also after a few clips the slide is a bit tight? say after i shoot 5 and I lock back to make safe. When it's tight, I'll wrack a few times and it's fine. Is this just normal build up?
Tom

that's not right

Post by Tom »

Hi,

The slide should move freely with no binding or sticking for quite a few rounds. (Unless your talking about the additional resistance of cocking the hammer)

Interference somewhere (look for shinny or scuffed areas on it or other components that it moves against) or lack of sufficiant lube will cause resistance to movement and increase the likelyhood of malfunctions.

I would field strip it and look for marks on the moving pieces or anywhere they ride against. If you find any, that is most likely your issue. Once you find them, you can decide if it's something you can remedy yourself or it needs to be taken in for repair.

If it's lack of lube, increase accordingly or change brands.

My 2 cents

Tom