Canada?? anybody.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kiko

Canada?? anybody.

Post by kiko »

Hi guys,
anybody from Canada, BC?? I know you have a yearly Grand Prix in Toronto, How about BC, do you have a lot of Air Pistol matches?, ( big turn out?? )
I will like to visit BC more often. regards, K.
Mike T.

Activity in BC

Post by Mike T. »

Sadly, not many ISSF pistol matches in BC. The best activity is a twice yearly (March and November) airgun match (rifle and pistol) sponsored by the Richmond Rod & Gun Club and held at Sportstown in Richmond. The match is three full courses of fire - two on Saturday and one on Sunday - but no finals. This match draws competitors from Alberta as well as from BC.
The provincial handgun championships are currently scheduled for May at the former Commonwealth Games range in North Saanichton on Vancouver Island. That match will include air, free, rapid, standard, and centre fire (including sport pistol).
There is a 4-gun (no air) ISSF match planned for the end of July in Campbell River - also on 'The Island'.
During the winter months there has been, for many years, a league that includes teams from around the lower mainland, as well as postal entries from other parts of BC. The eight-match schedule runs from September to April and each match comprises a course of Standard Pistol and a course of Centre Fire (or Sport Pistol).
There is some local ISSF activity at ranges at various places around the province, but as far as invitational, registered matches, that is it - as best I know.