Pardini .32 Electronic

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bored

Pardini .32 Electronic

Post by Bored »

I have a Pardini .32 electronic, and have been able to fire a few shots only.
The trigger unit is unreliable. The batteries are not to blame.
I have been told there are now replacement electronic units available for this gun.
What are the bare facts about this pistol now?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

How old is your pistol?
What is the version number on your electronics module?
Have you spoken to your dealer/Pardini agent about the problem?
Bored

Pardini .32 electronic

Post by Bored »

Pistol new january 2007. Latest version of factory standard electronic unit.
The importer told me "he had (intermittently) stopped selling those pistols".

He also said "there was some new electronic units furnished by the factory. These new units had, according to the importer, a longer serial number, as opposed to the standard ones having a tre-digit number imprinted."
I think there are tre versions of the tre-digit units, of which mine is the latest one. If I am not mistaken.
This, otherwise nice gun, is severely hampered by the electronic units, that were not "field tested" (thoroughly) prior to marketing. (Sounds familiar?)
David Levene

Re: Pardini .32 electronic

Post by David Levene »

Bored wrote:Pistol new january 2007.
I don't know where you are from but here in the UK, if a gun was that new and that unreliable, we would certainly have a strong case to demand a full refund from the supplier and return the gun to him. As an alternative we would be able to accept a repair under warranty.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I'm assuming the elctronics module is the same as used in the .22. There were some faulty modules out there in 2005 but I bought mine last year and the trigger has performed faultlessly. Even after being stored in a freezing safe all winter, the batteries and trigger unit were fine. I replaced the battery when it started to fade, but it has worked without fault.

As David said let us know the electronics module number; just because the dealer said it's the latest, doesn't mean it really is. The gun could well have been on the shelf for a year.

Rob.
Dick Poore

Post by Dick Poore »

I own both a .22 and .32 with electronic triggers. The ONLY problem I have had with failure to fire was when I tried to use a Rink grip rather than the Pardini grips. There was something about the way the Rink grips held the batteries that resulted in a spotty electrical current. I'd get 2 shots out...then nothing. Pull out the batteries, reinstall, then I'd get one shot out and then nothing. When I went back to the stock Pardini grips the guns worked flawlessly. I've owned them for almost 2-years and not had a problem since....gone through about 1,000 rounds in the .32 and a bit more through the .22

Don't over oil the gun....if it works it's way to the electronics you will have problems.

Dick Poore
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Dick Poore wrote:I own both a .22 and .32 with electronic triggers. The ONLY problem I have had with failure to fire was when I tried to use a Rink grip rather than the Pardini grips. There was something about the way the Rink grips held the batteries that resulted in a spotty electrical current. I'd get 2 shots out...then nothing. Pull out the batteries, reinstall, then I'd get one shot out and then nothing. When I went back to the stock Pardini grips the guns worked flawlessly. I've owned them for almost 2-years and not had a problem since....gone through about 1,000 rounds in the .32 and a bit more through the .22

Don't over oil the gun....if it works it's way to the electronics you will have problems.

Dick Poore
Dick

with the rink grip did the gun click, or just nothing happen?

I am having problems with my rink grip,

see http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?p=83960#83960

Julian