Electronic 22 Standard Pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JulianY

Electronic 22 Standard Pistols

Post by JulianY »

Are the SP1 and the MG2 the only electronic trigger standard pistols available or are the any others out there worthy of serious consideration ?

JY
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

At the moment I think they are the only two.
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

That old Morini-something?... I know, that pistol sucked but it had an electronic trigger right? =)
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Unfortunately the Morini FP & AP are the only ones with "good" electronics. The SPE and Matchguns have rather suspect electronics as of yet, when you do not see European teams outfitted with a particular gun, that's usually the first clue as to a guns viability. The MG-1 E would never be on my shopping list---(personal bad experiences with MG1). Everything moderates in time, with enough complaints in their in baskets most manufacturers see the handwriting on the wall. Not so with Morini, (excuse me Matchguns) they usually need a bat (cricket or baseball will do)aside their heads to get their attention first. I had an experience with Pardini's previous venture into electronics with the Schumann RF gun---thanks to Don Nygord there was a never ending supply of modules available---a continuous line from here to Arizona---to Italy----and back. I am still old fashioned give me levers and springs and crazy adjustments, I get a good trigger pull.
David Levene

Re: Electronic 22 Standard Pistols

Post by David Levene »

JulianY wrote:Are the SP1 and the MG2 the only electronic trigger standard pistols available or are the any others out there worthy of serious consideration ?
I think they are the only 2 in current production.

The early SP1s had a few electronics problems but I think they have been sorted for about 18 months now.

Not sure if the MG2 is now trouble free. There certainly don't seem to be as many complaints as there were a few months ago.

As with most modern guns, a major factor in your purchasing decision should be the local availability of spares and support.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

That old Morini was the 102E, and it's the only one where I would bet 10 bucks against a warm beer on the trigger... but not on the rest of the gun. Despite that, there are some specimens known to be working, and then the 102E is second to none. If Francesco had some punch, he would go ahead and get that thing running instead of playing around with the CM22.
Axel

Post by Axel »

For your info, my Pardini SP1 electronic works perfectly fine. I have owned it for about 4 months. So I guess Pardini have have worked out the bugs by now. Btw, trigger module is 760 M

Trigger feel is excellent, on par with Morini 162E AP (which I also own). I have had no problems with battery drainage or accidental double shots that I have been reading about here.

Cheers,
Axel
cdf

Post by cdf »

Tycho , I enjoy your posts , a bit on the abrasive side ; but always on point . I also suspect , you are usually on the money !

Chris
william

Post by william »

Not to put too fine a point on it: I believe there are NO electronic triggers on any standard pistol or any air pistol either. A battery, a relay and a switch connected to the trigger comprise an electric not an electronic device. Why do engineers and our other nitpickers tolerate this ongoing mis-usage?
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

William,

Don't want to pick too many nits here, but the term "electronic trigger" is indeed a valid term. If you have an opportunity to look at the innards of a Morini or Pardini (or even a Matchguns or Walther for that matter) that's equipped with an electronic trigger you'll find there's much more to it than just a switch and a relay (or more properly, a solenoid). You'll find a multi-layer PWB populated with capacitors, resistors, integrated circuits, FETS, diodes, LED's and opto-receptors and maybe even a few other interesting tidbits.

Yup, these things really are electronic. If you don't believe me, just take out the "electronic module" and leave the switch and solenoid in place, then see if you can make the unit fire. After trying this a few times I think you'll agree that electronics really are what make these babies work! ;-)
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Good for you, Mark! Even the simple act of adding a discharge capacitor, to obtain a short heavy burst of power from a low drain battery( As in an early photographic strobe light or the old BC flash gun), makes it an electronic unit.
Paul
JulianY

Post by JulianY »

Tycho wrote:That old Morini was the 102E, and it's the only one where I would bet 10 bucks against a warm beer on the trigger... but not on the rest of the gun. Despite that, there are some specimens known to be working, and then the 102E is second to none. If Francesco had some punch, he would go ahead and get that thing running instead of playing around with the CM22.
What about the 103 trigger in the cm22 to make something to compete with the Sp1

JY
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Still not my pistol (grip angle, trigger length adjustability, point of balance too far forward), although rumours say that a new version was presented at the IWA, which may be somewhat better - but AFAIH no electronic / electric trigger in sight...