10mtr Rapid Fire VS !0mtr Single Shot Accuracy

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MAD DAWG

10mtr Rapid Fire VS !0mtr Single Shot Accuracy

Post by MAD DAWG »

Has anyone here investigated the difference (if any) in the accuracy potential of the high end Single-shot vs the high end 5shot Rapid Fire air pistols?

Can someone direct me to a resource for this information?

Surely this has been addressed on this forum before. My search efforts have been unrewarding. I know, "if you are not getting the right answers then you are asking the wrong questions".

Nevertheless, any information or referral to a source of information regarding this question will be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to purchase a new 10mtr pistol. The 5shot Rapid Fire air pistols are certainly intriguing. Is their machine-rest accuracy comparable to the single shots? If not, is the difference significant?

TIA and
Best...............!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Not an issue. My LP5 will put in the same groups as the LP10.
Mike T.

5-shot Air Pistol vs Single Shot

Post by Mike T. »

As I recall from previous threads, the issue is not accuracy, but rather trigger feel. The concensus seemed to be that the single shot pistol had a superior trigger to that of the 5-shot pistol (of the same manufacturer).
Mike T.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yep. I'm still trying to get a consortium together, to engage a designer to put a Morini trigger into a LP5 :-)
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Theoretically, the accuracy difference between the 5 shot and the 1 shot AP is similar to the accuracy difference between a revolver and a pistol i.e. potential misalignment between the cylinder/bar holding the ammo/pellet and the barrel. Of course this is not an issue with a pistol which has the chamber integral with the barrel. As Tycho points out, this is not an issue in practice.