Training Session 'Breakdown'

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

JYoung

Training Session 'Breakdown'

Post by JYoung »

Hi all,

Just wondering on average how you all break down your training sessions as far as dry fire, 'blank target' and 'regulation target' (scoring rings, bull) shooting. Do you vary by daily session?

Thanks,

John
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I vary it from session to session and depends on what discipline I'm training. For precision AP;

I try and do 2 or 3 dry firing sessions at home each week, but normally only manage 1. Blank targets again depend on what I'm trying to train; That's good for sight alignment, follow through etc.

I tend however to concentrate on specific elements that I (or my coach) felt needed developing. Having a shooting journals that details every comp and training session helps that process, vis;

Goals
Were they acheived ?
Strengths
Areas for development

I will just either go back to the last days training and see what I felt needed work, or go back a few days and see what cropped up.

I then try and target single specific elements of the shot cycle to work on in a concentrated fashion (20-30 shots max each element).

Rob.
JYoung

Post by JYoung »

Thanks for your input Rob, I AM lacking on a journal/log and need to get one going..

J
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

JYoung wrote:Thanks for your input Rob, I AM lacking on a journal/log and need to get one going..

J
You're not the only one - I would bet 90%+ of shooters don't keep one, certainly not a proper one.

Rob.
_Axel_

Post by _Axel_ »

I found this a while ago, might suit someone! :-)http://www.shootingdiary.com/