Tesro TS-22

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dazza

Tesro TS-22

Post by dazza »

A fellow club member has offered to sell me his Tesro TS-22 as he is changing to other disciplines, this pistol has had little use and is in absolute immaculate condition.

Can anybody offer comments on these pistols? I have searched the forums but there seems to be very few comments either for or against. I would like to get some general overall information on their performance, any niggling problems, reliability, availability of spare parts etc.

Plus, does anybody know if Tesro have a distributor in Australia.

THanks in advance
David M

Tesro

Post by David M »

There are a number of problems with the very early ones, mainly firing pins and ejecting. Most of them have been upgraded to series three slides and some machine work to the tops. They appear to now have all the bugs out and the reliability is acceptable for competition, the short barrel and handling make them ideal for rapidfire. I am shooting one as my Rapidfire pistol (TS 22-2).

Contact for current information near you

Potter Firearms
1/1 Ferguson St
Underwood Qld 4119
Australia Phone 61 7 3841 4700
Fax 61 7 3841 4432
Email potfire@potfire.com.au
tpow

Re: Tesro TS-22

Post by tpow »

Plus, does anybody know if Tesro have a distributor in Australia.

THanks in advance
Hi
Follow this link for a mini review
http://www.rpgfirearms.com.au/TESRO.htm
This link is from a dealer in Sydney.
Best wishes
dazza

Re: Tesro

Post by dazza »

David M wrote:There are a number of problems with the very early ones, mainly firing pins and ejecting. Most of them have been upgraded to series three slides and some machine work to the tops. They appear to now have all the bugs out and the reliability is acceptable for competition, the short barrel and handling make them ideal for rapidfire. I am shooting one as my Rapidfire pistol (TS 22-2).
Thanks for your reply; is it possile to identify the series via the serial number or are they branded as -1, -2, -3 etc.
David M

Versions

Post by David M »

The origional model, the slide has a small ejection port. This was later changed or modified to open the slide port area up to the same size as the opening of the top. These are both marked as Tesro 22.
The stronger (thicker grip arms) slide with the big port and the extractor rotated 5 degrees towards the vertical was introduced in the second model the 22-2.

Any model can be converted to a -2 but the top will require some machining to fit the thicker grip arms. The first six .22's and some .32's brought in by Target Arms have all been up graded to 22-2.
The broken firing pins can/have been repaired and altered to the replacable pin type system (and as yet no altered pins have broken).

I believe Les has more pistols (and rifles) on order,as well as parts, but I am unsure of the delivery dates.
More information will be available after EWA gun show.

Re: Versions

Post by Guest »

David M wrote:Any model can be converted to a -2 but the top will require some machining to fit the thicker grip arms. The first six .22's and some .32's brought in by Target Arms have all been up graded to 22-2.
The broken firing pins can/have been repaired and altered to the replacable pin type system (and as yet no altered pins have broken).

I believe Les has more pistols (and rifles) on order,as well as parts, but I am unsure of the delivery dates.
More information will be available after EWA gun show.
Thanks once again for your assistance. Pardon my ignorance but could you please advise who are Target Arms and where are they located; and who is Les? Tesro supplied with an email address which contained "targetarms" and the contacts name was Les, but I have had no reply. Also what and where is the EWA gun show.
yana

Post by yana »

David, or anyone else,
I'm looking at a Tesro TS22 to be my next buy.
Whats the difference between the -2 and -3 versions?
I found 1 secondhand, about 3yrs old. What version could that be?
Can you recognise the stronger slide in any way?
Thanks in advance,
yana
David M

Post by David M »

Get only a version 3, version 2 still has bug's.
http://www.tesro.de/?MSID=232&TSID=35b6 ... de61103ff9
trevorw

Post by trevorw »

Tesro do not have an agent in Australia they advised me they would deal through a dealer direct to arrange pricing etx

also they are a bit slow in answering e-mails

as I asked for a RRP in Euro's several days ago and still no response
Leon

Post by Leon »

In Germany, the RRP for the Tesro 22-3 is 1235 euros and the 22-3 Pro is 1345 euros. As an export customer, you can subtract 19% - which is the German GST/VAT which is not payable by export customers. Allow 140 odd euros to get it here and then add Australian Customs charges, GST etc.

Most of the big German retailers export...