Feinwerkbau 700 Sight Set

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Feinwerkbau 700 Sight Set

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know the sight adjustment per click on the sight for the Feinwerkbau 700?
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

This comes straight out of the FWB Operator's Manual.
Page:34 "By one click the point of inpact will change for about 0,4 mm at a distance of 10 meters".

--Brian--

Post by Guest »

Thanks!

Do you have a Feinwerkbau 700 or did you find the user manual online? If you or anyone else have the P700 do you feel that .4mm at 10m provided by these sights is adequate or is it best to buy a Centra or Anschutz sight set with .2mm at 10m.
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

Yes I have a P700 That I love but I do not like the Fwb Rear sight. I have an Ans Rear sight 7002/20 that I like but I know of some guys and girls that like the Fwb sight. Take the chick who won the NRA nationals she had a P700 and was using the Fwb Sight with a iris and she shot a 590+ the 2 days she shot. It all comes done to what do you like and the it comes to what you can afford ;-)

--Brian--

Post by Guest »

Well I haven't purchased mine yet but I am in the process. I will have to wait and see whether or not I like the sight set. I am thinking of purchasing the newest Anschutz sight (which I believe is manufactured by Centra) along with a Centra rear iris and a Front Duo Glass sight. That way I use that set with both my air rifle and small-bore rifle
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I don't think that is correct. I am pretty sure Anschutz makes their own rear sight. Centra does make some of their iris's though. If the P700 sight is the same as the P70 sight then I'd say it is very good rear sight. I have found them to be very reliable.
mishradk

Post by mishradk »

Hi Guest,

I dont think you will be able to use the site for both the rifles. ( ie Air and .22) Because the sight setting will be quite different from one to other..

2nd thing is that it is not good to give clicks every time.

I have different sight sets for both rifles..

Mishradk
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

mishradk wrote:Hi Guest,

I dont think you will be able to use the site for both the rifles. ( ie Air and .22) Because the sight setting will be quite different from one to other..

2nd thing is that it is not good to give clicks every time.

I have different sight sets for both rifles..

Mishradk
Yes it is different.
but all yu have to do is find out how many clicks it is you change it.
I use a ANS sight becouse I only have one iris and it is alot of trouble to change it from one sight to the other. I just don't have the money to buy an iris after I got a P700 and a 2013. Why do you think it would be bad for the sight to click it every time????

--Brian--
mishradk

Post by mishradk »

Hi Brian,
I just felt so because ..
1. If your clicks are more than one complete rotation of the knob then it is very difficult to remember. also every time you shoot .. based your position, wind ,little adj is required.. it is again very diff to remember small small changes every day..

2. In our old rifles I have found that if you give five click to left and again give 5 clicks to right.. ( bring it to where it was) you dont hit at the same place.. ie how much it has moved left .. it did not come that much right.. it is because excessive use.. so it is better to use the sights in a very delicate way.. else very soon the springs will go.. and the sight will slip..

but finance is a matter then one can try.. if the settings are not very different then he can use the same sight.. else better to get a new one for the other rifle..

mishradk
peepsight

FWB sight alternative

Post by peepsight »

Hi all

A few years ago it was all the rage in Germany and other EU countries to fit the Hammerlie back sight to all the top match air rifles. The model they used was the one where 'cant' could be adjusted.

The MEC rear sight is now the number one choice amongst some of the top shooters in Europe.

peepsight
B.T.Carstensen

Post by B.T.Carstensen »

I like the Mec sight but it is $450+ and the Ans sight that I have can be adjusted for cant.

--Brian--
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I have a few of those Hammerli back sights and like them very much. They use the same type ball bearing rails as the cantable anschutz. They are very well made.