North Georgia College & State University

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

JPOC

North Georgia College & State University

Post by JPOC »

About 2 months ago I received a phone call that ultimately led to my becoming the international rifle and pistol coach at North Georgia College & State University (NGCSU) in Dahlonega, GA. (Yet another volunteer "job" on my plate!) They want to raise the air & smallbore rifle shooting team to a much higher level of performance. That is the challenge some members of the staff and I have taken on. Building solid teams takes time and patience, yet is a rewarding challenge.

We currently have air rifle, will break out the smallbore rifles in February, and we will start an international pistol team in August. We are privileged to have already attracted one of the best junior pistol shooters in the country to jump start the team as a freshman next fall.

We are looking for experienced high school rifle and pistol shooters who are motivated and want to learn how to raise their game to new levels on an active team with a teaching coach. Team tryouts are open to all male and female undergraduate students of the university.

We are in need of additional equipment and will graciously accept donations (monetary and/or equipment) if you are able to assist us in that manner to augment our program and budget.

NGCSU is an excellent university and consistently is ranked very highly in the college ratings. It is part of the state university system in Georgia. A number of programs are well known including the nursing, education, and military programs among many others. NGCSU is one of only 6 senior military colleges in the country. The university's web site is: http://www.ngcsu.edu/

For information on the NGCSU shooting program, contact JP O'Connor at jpoc@acm.org