Debating on the web

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Nicole Hamilton

Debating on the web

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

Today's Dilbert cartoon seemed particularly apropos:

joe4702

Post by joe4702 »

I disagree
Nicole Hamilton

I guess you missed the discussion of chetting. :) Anyway, considering our relative number of posts, don't you suppose I'm just having some fun at my own expense?
joe4702

Post by joe4702 »

I'm just pullin' your leg :)

Good cartoon - although this site probably has a higher collective IQ than most, that doesn't necessarily translate into more intelligent discussions. ;)
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

joe4702 wrote:I'm just pullin' your leg :)

Good cartoon - although this site probably has a higher collective IQ than most, that doesn't necessarily translate into more intelligent discussions. ;)
High IQ's have never been a pre-requisite for "intelligent discussion" , all you need are informed, sensible , psychologically adjusted, well mannered people !

Now I think everyone on here belongs to the above category , that is of course until Coach Chet appears on the horizon !!

Elmas

SteveT

Post by SteveT »

Elmas wrote: High IQ's have never been a pre-requisite for "intelligent discussion" , all you need are informed, sensible , psychologically adjusted, well mannered people !

Now I think everyone on here belongs to the above category , that is of course until Coach Chet appears on the horizon !!

Elmas

Informed? Maybe
Sensible? No Way
Psychologically adjusted? Hmmm...
Well mannered? Sometimes

Is it sensible to spend so much time and money just to make holes in a piece of paper? The voices in my head say yes, but I am starting to wonder.

Steve Turner
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

SteveT wrote: Is it sensible to spend so much time and money just to make holes in a piece of paper? The voices in my head say yes, but I am starting to wonder.

Steve Turner
Is it sensible spending time sitting in front of a PC, talking about making holes in paper ???.............. ;-)

Rob.
Nicole Hamilton

I hear voices telling me to buy more guns.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Nicole Hamilton wrote:Anyway, considering our relative number of posts, don't you suppose I'm just having some fun at my own expense?
Thanks Nicole ;-)
olli

Post by olli »

Nicole Hamilton wrote:I hear voices telling me to buy more guns.
I hear voices coming outside my head that tell me to stop buying more guns!
DWG

Post by DWG »

OLLI wrote
I hear voices coming outside my head that tell me to stop buying more guns!

I used to hear that voice too. But I lost it in the divorce!
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

It's nice to debate (face to face) however IMHO debates on the internet on a site such as this is generally a waste of web space. While I do not believe in these long feuds that seem to persist, i.e. Chet & chetting---The person is long known to be a wee bit unstable and all you do is encourage him to continue. The responses, ad infinitum ad nauseam, do little or anything to disconcert a wind bag as Chet. Frankly I think those web sites that forbid these acrimonious and space wasting, stupid threads have the correct idea. I see nothing wrong with our webmaster putting the "evil eye" on Mr. Chet and ban him. If it takes the registration of all comers on this site---so be it and about time, and goodby to Mr. Guest. It's easy for the weak minded and unstable to get into internet arguments---they probably wouldn't have the cojones to stand face to face and state their snickering opinions. Perhaps the webmaster should deny access to one or two of the forums to encourage all to register---this eliminates lurkers and troublemakers---it's a little more work but well worth the effort IMHO.---a pox on you -----bah---humbug.