Pistol Range in Statesboro or Savannah, Georgia?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

JPOC

Pistol Range in Statesboro or Savannah, Georgia?

Post by JPOC »

A college pistol athlete (air and .22 LR) needs a range for regular training during the school year in Statesboro, GA, or Savannah, GA, or somewhere within commuting distance of Georgia Southern University.

She is attempting to obtain permission to again use the range at the school, although this is problematic due to schedules, rules, and physical layout.

Any suggestions on where she might be able to train would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
JP
Swanie

Shooters range in Statesboro or Savannah

Post by Swanie »

There are a number of high school teams that practice air rifle in Savannah and Statesboro that I am sure you could practice at. If you need contacts let me know. As for rimfire practice that is more difficult, on higway 17 between Savannah and Hardeville is a private gun range that you could shoot at but it will cost you. The other option is the DNR range on highway 144 in Richmond Hill that has covered shooting to 100 yards and all calibers with bench rests and is free to the public, you will have to put up with the noise of high caliber rifles. If interested I can give you directions.
JPOC

Post by JPOC »

Thank you for the information! It is very helpful! I sent you a private message to follow up.