Filling CO2 cylinders with CA or other gas

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kronosmx1

Post by kronosmx1 »

Hi...i was tinking if the CO2 cylinders could be filled with CA or other gas (helium, etc)...What do you think?

Somebody have made some experiments?

Have a nice day

Jorge
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

After the injuries you have already sufered with a cylinder "blowing" I would have thought that you of all people would avoid something like this.

With the wildly different pressures and gun regulator requirements it sounds like a recipe for another disaster.

IMHO, don't do it.

Post by Guest »

There is/was a pump up CO2 capsule available. As the CO2 is in a liquid state the volume of gas compared to CA is far greater. IIRC you get 20 shots compared to 60 with CO2 per capsule.

I only have experience of the Mickey Mouse Umarex et al but the principles remain the same.

Probably not a practical proposition.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Check with the casualty department of the local hospitals to see if anyone else has tried - those in the morgue might not have any comments.

Spencer
kronosmx1

Post by kronosmx1 »

Boys don't worry.... I learned my lesson and I say THANKS for the second opportunity.....

It is simply curiosity "scientific".... If the pressure indicated in the CP2 (Walther) cylinders it is almost the same one that the one in the Morini Cylinders, then you could use (theoretically) any other gas, the only restriction is not to pass the maximum pressure of the cylinder

Thanks to Scott Pilkington & Warren Potter already has 3 new cylinders for my Morini 162MI

Additionally buy a FWB LP 100 so my wife could be relaxed

Regards
Jorge Fernandez