AW93 50yd/mt Accuracy?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

AW93 50yd/mt Accuracy?

Post by Guest »

In the Archives I find no mention of the AW93's 50 yard/meter accuracy. Can an AW93 owner comment on their experience with 50 yard/meter accuracy with this pistol. Thank You.
Walter Young

Post by Walter Young »

IF I recall correctly from the old bullseye-l list, Dr. Darius Young shoots it with Eley blue box for 1/2 inch grouping. but I think I also remember that he said he hand picked his gun at Feinwerkbau in Germany to get that group size.
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

I frankly wouldn't worry about that---if the Marines have switched to it---I am certain the gun has possibilities---Semper Fi!
DD

Haven't seen official word

Post by DD »

that USMC has changed to AW93, just rumors here and there that they're evaulating it. (Did Sgt. Zins use his 208s, or an AW93 for rimfire portion of last weekends' 2678 & 2679?)

Re: Haven't seen official word

Post by Guest »

DD wrote:that USMC has changed to AW93, just rumors here and there that they're evaulating it. (Did Sgt. Zins use his 208s, or an AW93 for rimfire portion of last weekends' 2678 & 2679?)
It is a fact that the USMC pistol team is evaluating the AW93. There are rumours that AMU is also evaluating it.
CROB

AW93 at 50m

Post by CROB »

I own an AW93 and have used it a few times at 50m - Free Pistol. I haven't shot it through a rest, but it groups at least as well as the other free pistols on the line. I tried Geco green and RWS 250 (both ends of the scale cost/velocity wise).
Anyone ever made a set of ransom rest inserts for this pistol and really tested it?